MS 261 Arctic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Crazy

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Its here. :msp_biggrin: :msp_biggrin: :msp_biggrin: :msp_biggrin: :msp_biggrin:

Not bad at all. Wish I was a Stihl dealer, could sell these things by the truckload. Power, speed, and perfect balance when limbing. No way this weighs 5.4 kg. Feels like my 242 going up a tree.

Every Stihl here comes with 16 inch. Has .325 chain. When this goes I may put a 15 inch 3/8 on it. Only regretted buying 2 Stihls. Both were 361s, I don't like them.

Not bad at all. Wish I was a Stihl dealer, could sell these things by the truckload. Power, speed, and perfect balance when limbing. No way this weighs 5.4 kg. Feels like my 242 going up a tree.

You must be one of the first in NS GreenDiamond says spring before they get theirs , maybe they just want to clear out the 260's they have in inventory and are holding out .

You must be one of the first in NS GreenDiamond says spring before they get theirs , maybe they just want to clear out the 260's they have in inventory and are holding out .

They are supposed to be held back untill May. Was told that mine is the first one out in Canada. Sometimes it pays to have friends in high places.

Arctic pics

Here it is

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ms261

I bought one of the first MS 261 saws when they became available in England in December 2010. It came with a 18" bar and runs and pulls very well. A lot has been said about its extra weight over the MS260 but its not noticeable when using the saw. Fuel economy is superb. In all I cannot fault it at all. The new MS 251 will be available by the end of the year and thats likely to be a good saw as well. Dave R.........

Latest posts

Back