MS 261-CM (m-tronic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be very interesting to see if the MTronic can handle the extensive mods that are required to make a 261 run like it does. MTronic is a great thing for 99% of users. I'm a 1%er:) Most will likely prefer and be better off with the MTronic.

That's funny right there Brad.:cheers: You been watching them "Biker Gang" shows on cable? :msp_tongue:

Stopped off at two Stihl shops on the way home from the races today and both had no word on it coming out but both main guys were not in the shop today because of the logging shows going on in the area (PNW)

Last edited:
Not listed as available at Stihl NW on my computer. I'd need to talk to a human to find out when they are going to be available. I'll be picking one up as soon as I can.

Not listed as available at Stihl NW on my computer. I'd need to talk to a human to find out when they are going to be available. I'll be picking one up as soon as I can.
I know its an old thread, but how do you like your 261? I just ordered one today.

I know its an old thread, but how do you like your 261? I just ordered one today.
I’ve heard nothing but problems with them, terrible terrible terrible... this is bad, that’s bad, makes a noise, smoke pours out of it worse than an open pub window from a 1930’s and with all these electronics in them, they are smarter than us, the cheek! Junk saws, terrible!

.....send it my way for free disposal.

I’ve heard nothing but problems with them, terrible terrible terrible... this is bad, that’s bad, makes a noise, smoke pours out of it worse than an open pub window from a 1930’s and with all these electronics in them, they are smarter than us, the cheek! Junk saws, terrible!

.....send it my way for free disposal.
Sure, what’s your address? Is it ok to send it new in the box?

my261c does not slow down even with 20
' wood boss bar with .325 063 rs chain buried in hickory and locust.
awesome saw.

Sure, what’s your address? Is it ok to send it new in the box?
I think it’s without question one of the more popular professional saws as a great all rounder and I haven’t come across anything negative! People are talking of the far improved filtration system a lot too.

Great to hear! In some other threads they talked of starting difficulty.
Would a 026 muffler fit or is everything different?
Honestly, I know nothing about modding a saw. Id say, buy it and leave it stock standard. Stihl spend millions on testing saws, it’s just not worth it, unless you enjoy it!

Back