ms200t recoil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntsarborist

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i never had this happen before. today i was out working just finishing up a job. my 200t mad a grinding sound from the recoil so immediatly i shut the saw off and tried pulling the cord and it came all the way out and wouldnt go back in. so far sounds like the recoil spring came apart right. later at the shop i started taking the 4 screws out of the cover and the pull cord went right back in after the screws were slightly loose and it was turning the motor over again working fine. ok so i was thinking it just bound up. i continued taking the cover off to make sure nothing else was broke and to clean the saw out. the recoil jumps out. so i wind the coil back up and get it back together and go to fire up the saw. nothing happens pull cord working fine going in and out like it should but not catching the flywheel to turn the saw over. i dont know if i lost anything or what i did wrong. i never had this happen before and i dont want to tear another 200t apart to see if i forgot anything and loose more parts plus i dont want to wind the spring back up. i have 2 more of them so i just laid that 1 up for a minute. it was the spring itself and the plastic wheel the cord rides on and i dont know if there is anything else with it.
has anybody had this happen and if so what did i do wrong?

t sounds to me like you lost or damaged your starter pawls. They are little plastic buggers, number 26 on this picture, and held on by little spring clips number 28. Your dealer should be able to get them pretty easy.

picture.php

there's one plastic pawl, the spring clip controls the position, if the clip is bent/dodgy then the pawl won't fully extend

1m.jpg

2m.jpg

Back