MS210 sticks or locks up at BDC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not everyone destroys the rods multiple time when bustin down a little clamshell saw. Actually, only you that I know of.

I though it was one hole a piston and one bent rod, if i remeber correctly. anyway, I sold my 180 for a couple reasons, and that rod is one of them! WEAK!

I though it was one hole a piston and one bent rod, if i remeber correctly. anyway, I sold my 180 for a couple reasons, and that rod is one of them! WEAK!

Thats correct.

I bust these little saws apart and work on them all the time and never a problem. Im not trying to bust Brads balls, But Im sure wondering about the problems...

Don't try to just laugh it off, you're the one that came in here attacking me. I posted a picture of a failure that I fully expect to be related to the OPs issue. But you feel like you need to come in here and attack a person. You didn't just state your opinion, you attacked me. And this isn't the first time you've done this. If you don't have anything to substantiate your beef, then I would ask you to drop it. And I'll do likewise. I'm not here to cause trouble, but I'm not taking it laying down either.

Thats correct.

I bust these little saws apart and work on them all the time and never a problem. Im not trying to bust Brads balls, But Im sure wondering about the problems...

Maybe I had one with an unusually tight flywheel nut. And normally this wouldn't happen. Reguardless, I've seen enough of the weak construction of these things to never own one again. LOL, the $109 Ryobis are better built, and stronger to boot.

Don't try to just laugh it off, you're the one that came in here attacking me. I posted a picture of a failure that I fully expect to be related to the OPs issue. But you feel like you need to come in here and attack a person. You didn't just state your opinion, you attacked me. And this isn't the first time you've done this. If you don't have anything to substantiate your beef, then I would ask you to drop it. And I'll do likewise. I'm not here to cause trouble, but I'm not taking it laying down either.

Ok dude, you have a problem. I have more to do than to target someone like you. If you have a problem, report me, or ####! You screwed up a saw, not my problem. Get over yourself!

Ok dude, you have a problem. I have more to do than to target someone like you. If you have a problem, report me, or ####! You screwed up a saw, not my problem. Get over yourself!

I do have a problem and it's your attitude. You've come at me like this before. Don't try to quietly side step it now that I've called you on it and then try to project your issues onto me. Ain't happenin'!

Sorry to hijack your thread Outdoor. Please do let us know what you find.

I do have a problem and it's your attitude. You've come at me like this before. Don't try to quietly side step it now that I've called you on it and then try to project your issues onto me. Ain't happenin'!

Sorry to hijack your thread Outdoor. Please do let us know what you find.

LOL, you know what you can do about it.

Anyway, back on topic. Dont let Blsnelling tell you the 170-230 Stihl series is junk just because he didnt have good luck with them.

What do you want me to do about it?

My luck? I'll stick with the forged beam rods and mag cases of the competition. Anyone in their right mind can see that's a pathetically weak rod. It's strong enough to last a few years for most homeowner and then be told to pitch it by the dealer when it breaks.

What do you want me to do about it?

My luck? I'll stick with the forged beam rods and mag cases of the competition. Anyone in their right mind can see that's a pathetically weak rod. It's strong enough to last a few years for most homeowner and then be told to pitch it by the dealer when it breaks.

OK, whatever, I will keep servicing, and making good money on these saws because you are the only fool I have ever heard of having problems.

Well I was going to post pictures, but for some reason I can't...The rod was obviously bent and by starting it I broke it in two...The piston is clean as well as the cylinder...The rod did make a couple of small marks in the bottom of the cylinder but should clean up fine...

Does any body know if a 021 crank will replace the MS210...The 021 only has one counter weight and the MS210 has two?...

The 021 cranks come both ways,the older ones had loose rollers on the bottom of the rod.(You could replace that rod.)The later ones have the double counterweights and are pressed together,bad rod means a new crankshaft assembly.Either one should work for you.

the ipl shows single counterweight before sn:x3494403 then dual after. the rod and pistons have a different number too before and after that sn

Things that make ya go hmmm. I'm the first person this ever happened to and you're only the second. I guess we're pretty special:) Actually there's another pic around here somewhere of a 210-250 with a bent rod. I'd guess that was about a year ago, maybe more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back