MS241 vs 18" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to confused, like I said earlier I have a 260 it has had issue think they are gone but it is a real pain to start when cold once warm It's fine. I was looking for a small saw for blocking and in tree use but am a huge fan of getting the best bang for the buck.
Are you cutting hard or soft woods?

Another thing I forgot to mention I really like on the 241 is the air filter. FAR superior to the 550/2253 setup. The 241 setup really is first class. It doesnt seem to let any junk through. The husky filters tend to leak fines through.

For the record, You're the only person that has to approve of which saw you buy. The great thing about the decision here is there is no wrong choice. Either one will suite you well. I think you have good intentions of buying them both and selling the one you dont like, but I bet you have a hard time parting with either one after you use them and find out how nice but different they really are.

Another thing I forgot to mention I really like on the 241 is the air filter. FAR superior to the 550/2253 setup. The 241 setup really is first class. It doesnt seem to let any junk through. The husky filters tend to leak fines through.

For the record, You're the only person that has to approve of which saw you buy. The great thing about the decision here is there is no wrong choice. Either one will suite you well. I think you have good intentions of buying them both and selling the one you dont like, but I bet you have a hard time parting with either one after you use them and find out how nice but different they really are.
+1
There isn't many posts where I didn't feel I have at least a slightly different opinion- but this is one of them.

550xp is better bang for the buck... But MS241 is noticeably smaller/ lighter. I don't know what paper specs say, but I was impressed with the size difference in favor of the 241. Swinging either is no problem, i have both of them, just wanted you to know the 241 is smaller/lighter than any other 50cc saw I've used or owned.

As it looks to me, the 241 isn't smaller (as in less bulky) at all, and the handling suffers by the inboard clutch. There is a slight PHO weight difference though (about halv a pound), and the more common bars often are lighter (but not always).

My point isn't that it is a bad saw at all (I never said so) - but that it is an unnesseary one - unless the alternative is a MS261 (or a 50cc Dolmar). The 50cc Huskys make them all redundant....:)

If you like it anyway, enjoy it!

Here's what you need :)

NOS NE 346XP, ported, 357 intake tract, primer delete, orange clutch convert :)
0106151733a-L.jpg

0106151732-L.jpg

Sometimes a 50cc srceamer can be a little offensive and to aggressive for small diameter wood. The 241 will do far more work in these cases between tank refills comparered to a 550/346 or ms261. Using a 241cm for its designed intended use makes it a very sensible saw choice for more than one reason and as tacomatrd98 says all saws in question are individually great for their purpose.

Latest posts

Back