MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. I never dropped roll tides:p. I did run 2 tanks through it that day after I ran the 461s out of mix.

Not sure. I never dropped roll tides:p. I did run 2 tanks through it that day after I ran the 461s out of mix.

Well a good 50 has to be able to bounce good...
Cause they got small felling spikes on em'... And they don't hook into the tool box on the fender of the tractor very well..
Thus, they tumble and get wiped off there quite a bit...
The 5100's have good handle side down balance, and they bounce nicely...
The 028 just freaking broke... got duct tape now...
:msp_thumbup:

Simple question.. I know porting increases power, fattens up the torque for more speed in the cut at the cost of increased fuel consumption. But, this one is STILL a strato. So how is the fuel use ? Is it proportional to the change in cut times (40% ish) or ?

Would be intetesting to compare to a stock saw.

Simple question.. I know porting increases power, fattens up the torque for more speed in the cut at the cost of increased fuel consumption. But, this one is STILL a strato. So how is the fuel use ? Is it proportional to the change in cut times (40% ish) or ?

Would be intetesting to compare to a stock saw.

Time will tell John. I have one of my own that I'm porting now. I'm sure we hurt fuel economy.....how much I can't say.

I think Randy's 261c has bridged the gap enough that it has made the 362 even less appealing. If u need more saw than this 261c than u need at least a 441c. I was not a fan of the 362 anyway. Randy really seems to know just what these m tronic saws need.:rock:

Last edited:
Congratulations! Looks like a great saw, I had often thought that a 261 was just too close in weight to the recent husky 60cc saws to bother with. BUT - they do have a nice feel, that mini big saw thing is easy to like.
With that sort of newfound grunt I've got to wonder if they could take the spots of both the 50 & 60cc saws in the shed.

Last edited:
Randy really seems to know just what these m tronic saws need.:rock:

Well, to be fair Randy didn't come to these conclusions without input from some very helpful people. Blazin was instrumental in the final porting.

Here's a pic of Blazin surveying where he can improve the strato port.

tunnel8.jpg

I think Randy's 261c has bridged the gap enough that it has made the 362 even less appealing. If u need more saw than this 261c than u need at least a 441c. I was not a fan of the 362 anyway. Randy really seems to know just what these m tronic saws need.:rock:

It definitely doesn't have the filtration issues the 362 has. :bang:

It's too dark for a video.....but I put the jug I ported for my own saw with the stratos intact on the OE and it's a little faster than the M-Tronic. I just knocked a cut off at 8.66. :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back