MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5100 doesn't handle real well in the tops either.

Nice work Randy!!!:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

My 5100 soon was retiered from any use in the woods, and I'm sure a 261 also would have been, if I had one.

Btw, there was zero price change when they replaced the 346 with the 550 here. The 261 cost a lot less - it just doesn't help.

Some other saw that I wouldn't want....

:monkey:

Niko- I agree with most everything you post..... but this here is just bollocks. I think they are fantastic saws and I use them more than any other saw I have.:rock:

Niko- I agree with most everything you post..... but this here is just bollocks. I think they are fantastic saws and I use them more than any other saw I have.:rock:

Shoot what he likes and what you like and for that fact the guy over the hill likes. It's all apples and oranges. I still like to get all the ol' homies out for a day of cuttin'(XL12,C72,1130G) all because I like them. One day I'll do a Husky lineup and the next Stihl.
It's all good.

I'm definitely impressed with the overall gains that have been produced with your HTG on this saw!

HTG= Headscratching Thinking Grinding

I need to learn to square file all my chains!

They can be, when properly modified, but they surely aren't when stock. ;)

Some other saw that I wouldn't want....

I have both a 359 and a 562. I struggle to see one as the best thing as sliced bread and the other as a dog. Both have their pluses and minuses.
I can see the 359 being replaced with a 261c though.....

How do the new saws compare when in stock form? I would like to add a 550xp or a 261cm but I will likely never have the funds to port either of them. I just want something smaller than the 038 to carry on the atv

How do the new saws compare when in stock form? I would like to add a 550xp or a 261cm but I will likely never have the funds to port either of them. I just want something smaller than the 038 to carry on the atv

Someone that has some serious run time on them would have to chime in here. I don't run saws nearly as much as I work on them.

It's too dark for a video.....but I put the jug I ported for my own saw with the stratos intact on the OE and it's a little faster than the M-Tronic. I just knocked a cut off at 8.66. :bang:

Way cool. A little surprizing there is much difference. Are the flow rates of the 2 carbs identical or is the old school larger?

It's too dark for a video.....but I put the jug I ported for my own saw with the stratos intact on the OE and it's a little faster than the M-Tronic. I just knocked a cut off at 8.66. :bang:

can you do it tomorrow :msp_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back