MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a break today Randy

After all you've earned it after that long and fantastic MS261cm thread. You know you're not as young as you used to be! :msp_tongue:

View attachment 313591

I'm really sorry but that brought an old bad joke to mind.

You guys know why Michael Jackson got food poisoning right?

He ate a twelve year old weiner:taped:

What type of Bologna do you eat? In eastern Pa we have a pure beef sweet bologna and Lebanon bologna. The Lebanon bologna has a bit of a sour taste with pepper. Sweet bologna is full of brown sugar along with salt and pepper. Both are heavily wood smoked for days. Both are Pa Dutch style or some call it German style bologna. I make sweet bologna from my Deer harvest every year. My brother and I make around 100 lbs of venison sweet bologna and wood smoke it to perfection. We use pure venison with 10% beef fat. because all are harvested deer eat corn and beans and they taste like beef. The key is to trim all the venison of its fat then grind it once then add 10% beef fat and regrind one more time. Makes awesome bologna. We add 10% pork fat for delicious burgers.

Sorry to get sidetracked but Bologna is part of are life here in eastern Pa.

Seltzer's Products - Sweet Lebanon Bologna

How is it this thread degraded to Michael Jackson and baloney? :confused2:

At least tie it up with MJ cutting baloney with a ported ms261c!

The thread topics change about as fast as Randy's saws cut.....

This is AS......threads degrade. Just the way it is.

On a note that is related to this thread. I got to make a few cuts with some of the 550s we've ported today. I was surprised that they were only about one second behind the MS261 in the big cant.

I never thought to make a video, and that can't is gone. I'll make another cant in a few days and post a OE 346XP, 550XP, MS261 C-M shoot out.

I'd like to see the difference between a 545 and 550 when done up. Do you think you can make a 545 into a better "all-around" saw than the 550? The 550 appears to be no slouch, but it's clearly designed from the factory to be a very high speed limbing saw with immaculate handling features. Or does the 545 just lack that much out of the box that can't be made up for in porting.... Wondering if the lack of stuffers may be an advantage in altering the usable powerband for a grunty lower end worksaw....?

This is AS......threads degrade. Just the way it is.

On a note that is related to this thread. I got to make a few cuts with some of the 550s we've ported today. I was surprised that they were only about one second behind the MS261 in the big cant.

I never thought to make a video, and that can't is gone. I'll make another cant in a few days and post a OE 346XP, 550XP, MS261 C-M shoot out.

Just a thought....I can bring my 2153 and or 359s when I come pick up the Dolly 5100 on Thursday. Seems fitting the 261 model should get a chance to redeem itself against the "Red Demon" who handed it it's Azzz.

I'd like to see the difference between a 545 and 550 when done up. Do you think you can make a 545 into a better "all-around" saw than the 550? The 550 appears to be no slouch, but it's clearly designed from the factory to be a very high speed limbing saw with immaculate handling features. Or does the 545 just lack that much out of the box that can't be made up for in porting.... Wondering if the lack of stuffers may be an advantage in altering the usable powerband for a grunty lower end worksaw....?

I've never seen a 545 in the flesh.

Just a thought....I can bring my 2153 and or 359s when I come pick up the Dolly 5100 on Thursday. Seems fitting the 261 model should get a chance to redeem itself against the "Red Demon" who handed it it's Azzz.

Both of them are leaving in the morning...... :bang:

Mine ain't done.

I've never seen a 545 in the flesh.

:( That needs to change.

Maybe this winter or fall sometime if there's enough free time and I get bored I'll yank the top ends off both a 550 and a 545 and check out the differences. The 545's are hitting their stride here right now and outselling the 550's..... Nothing but praise from their owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back