MS361 Stuck Screw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boilerhouse47

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a screw on my MS361 that holds the top cover in place that I can't get loose. I have tried WD40 and Blaster on it with no success. I would like to try one of those hammer impact screw drivers on it, but I'm afraid of damaging the cylinder casting. During the winter I had the cover off and blew the saw dust off with just air, screw came loose with out much effort. Now after cutting a few loads of wood the screw seems to be frozen in place. I'm am careful nut to cross thread things when I put them back together so I don't think that is the problem. I have also tried removing the screw when the saw is both hot and cold with no success. The screw is the one that has the rubber ring around it. Any sugestions?
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks Brad, I'm using the biggest screw driver that I have and my hands sqeak from the pressure I'm putting on it as is. Will go and try to find a BIGGER one though. :dizzy: It looks like the nut part could be brass so I haven't wanted to realy crank to hard on it.

The scrench that came with the saw doesn't seem to fit the screw all that well so I went with the biggest one I had in my tool chest. Will go down town later for a bigger one. What would cause it to seize up like it did? If I get it loose I will put some never sieze on it.

Success! Got a bigger screw driver and used Ironmans suggestion of the wrench on the shaft. I had to put the saw on a low stool and lean some weight on it. Came loose with a sharp "CRACK" that made me half afraid to look but it was good to go.

Thanks Carl

Sounds like it was frozen on. Not the cold kind, the corroded kind. Put a little dab of anti-seize on it like you talk about and it probably won't happen again.

Mr. HE:cool:

Well, at least you got it out without ruining something. Take it out a little more often and it will be fine.

Back