MS440/460 Hybrid With Ported Meteor Cylinder Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Sir, I am really hoping to cut tomorrow. I have a severe case of cabin fever.

We've been cutting a lot lately. I want to get out and do some testing myself. I didn't realize how strong the 261s I've been building really were until I had some "alone" time with David's.

There's just no way to test these saws properly with just a few cuts in the backyard.

ill brings some other 1128 saws to compare with when im down in your backwoods.

Maybe I need to come down and help with that.

That's up to you Mike of course you are more than welcome here anytime my friend. :rock:

I did go and look at the job today.....there a mix of oak, hickory and maple.....not all oak like I was told.

save me some rounds for sunday so i can cut some cookies lol.

Sir Yes Sir!

Don't forget photos and video! Hope ya don't get caught!

That made me laugh. :msp_sad:

Let me see what's planned if anything. I wouldn't mind running youngs 461 more:D

When he was running Young's you couldn't have slapped the grin off his face wit a crowbar. :msp_wink:

Owner of a logging company had that same grin today running mine,he tried to buy it from me,i turned down a 1300 offer for it,first thing he said was couldnt believe how much tourqe it had

Owner of a logging company had that same grin today running mine,he tried to buy it from me,i turned down a 1300 offer for it,first thing he said was couldnt believe how much tourqe it had

That's the sort of stuff a guy wants to hear. I'm open to any feedback on saws I build though....and glad to hear the good, bad, or indifferent. I need to hear from those guys that ain't quite happy too. I'll always do everything in my power to make a customer happy. I've had a few guys over the last couple of years that said they had an issue with a saw of mine.....thing is they didn't tell me.....I can't fix anything I don't know about.

That's the sort of stuff a guy wants to hear. I'm open to any feedback on saws I build though....and glad to hear the good, bad, or indifferent. I need to hear from those guys that ain't quite happy too. I'll always do everything in my power to make a customer happy. I've had a few guys over the last couple of years that said they had an issue with a saw of mine.....thing is they didn't tell me.....I can't fix anything I don't know about.
You would be amazed how many loggers haven't heard of the 461 yet,this guy runs 440 and 660

You would be amazed how many loggers haven't heard of the 461 yet,this guy runs 440 and 660

As has been mentioned before, most people whom use tools for a living tend to gravitate towards what is proven. What is proven usually spreads with word of mouth from professional to professional - not necessarily word of marketing. Once the 461 starts to show up and prove itself, or the 460 no longer becomes available, then perhaps it will become as ubiquitous as the 440 and 660 et al. BTW, I found that many folks in Ireland and England refer to the 441 as a '440'. But the 441 is starting to show up more and more - remember the 440 never went off sale most places here.

I used the 461 a few times last year when Dave showed it to me here in Ireland. I liked it, but I was more concentrating on the fact his ported saw absolutely hammered my ported saw. It wasn't even close. So, I was a bit distracted and upset. All I could remember was the vibration on the 461 felt much worse than my ported 385xp, and basically felt like a 460. So, I paid it little attention at the time thinking it was a barely updated 460 - but that was a prototype, so I never gave it much more thought. Had I compared it to a 460 side-by-side, my thoughts could have been different. But, all the other saws we had aside from some small 50cc ones were ported. I had an 046 mag for a long while until it started to give me white-knuckles when I used it 8X40. So the vibration issue is not a minor one with me. Another thing I thought interesting here in Ireland and England was that 460's don't seem to be very popular. I see a lot of 372's and 440's, then 390's and 660's(with 390's being somewhat rare as well). I have yet to see a 460 in person.

Back