MS440/460 Hybrid With Ported Meteor Cylinder Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad for aftermarket junk huh? :hmm3grin2orange:

Has to be lighter than lugging the 066 thru the woods. Found some nice fallen oak, made about 2 cords plus. Was real nice using the skidsteer to haul out the chunks. great weekend even though it was only about 15 degrees!!
Oh yeah that aftermarket junk must be sent to me for disposal. How bout you gather up all the necessary pieces you have lying around and make me one. Ill trade you an 8ft long by 40inch diam. chunk of hard oak-delivered.

Last edited:
felt good the 2 cuts i made with it. stupid randy had no more wood for me to make more cookies with. :bang:

Asians shouldn't be cutting cookies anyway. At that's what Google says. :msp_biggrin:

Has to be lighter than lugging the 066 thru the woods. Found some nice fallen oak, made about 2 cords plus. Was real nice using the skidsteer to haul out the chunks. great weekend even though it was only about 15 degrees!!
Oh yeah that aftermarket junk must be sent to me for disposal. How bout you gather up all the necessary pieces you have lying around and make me one. Ill trade you an 8ft long by 40inch diam. chunk of hard oak-delivered.

With a strong 460 or a 461 in a guys arsenal a 660 isn't really needed.........at least not for the wood we cut.

Might want to address a couple problem teeth on that chain Randy...
But the saw had enough ass to not hang up... That's sayin' sumpthin'...
Nice!!!
For a Stihl...
And stuff...
:msp_wink:

I worked at a saw mill when I was first married. Milling with a chainsaw seems crazy to me.

Besides we need firewood to heat a few houses and three sweat lodges here.......

I worked in a mill too. Was real fun stacking wet 6 X 8" X 12' hemlock all day. Worked up to edger but never was the sawyer. Only work harder was the farm.

I did learn a lot about cutting and processing lumber.

I use my small logosol mill for when I get wood I can't bear to cut into firewood. Even then I get slabs and edging for firewood.

Want to REALLY see what a saw is worth, do a 25-30" X 12' rip.

You NEED a mill Randy. See what a 066 vs 395 is all about. :hmm3grin2orange:

I worked in a mill too. Was real fun stacking wet 6 X 8" X 12' hemlock all day. Worked up to edger but never was the sawyer. Only work harder was the farm.

I did learn a lot about cutting and processing lumber.

I use my small logosol mill for when I get wood I can't bear to cut into firewood. Even then I get slabs and edging for firewood.

Want to REALLY see what a saw is worth, do a 25-30" X 12' rip.

You NEED a mill Randy. See what a 066 vs 395 is all about. :hmm3grin2orange:

I've got a small Alaskan mill. I plan to make up some cants when we get into some soft wood for the GTGs......

I am interested in how it compares to a ported 460 and also ported 461???

We will run it against a 461 on our next outing.

Video anyone?

[video=youtube;klhkM9QDfkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhkM9QDfkA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I had to watch this again. :laugh:

I havn`t tried any aftermarket P&C`s on my hybrids but the ported OEM 046 P&C`s get it done for me, especially since I started using your transfer numbers....:clap::cheers:

I have to give Brad credit on the transfer numbers Jerry. It was him that first raised them that high on the 460. :msp_thumbup:

I have to give Brad credit on the transfer numbers Jerry. It was him that first raised them that high on the 460. :msp_thumbup:

What is your theory as to why those numbers work on this particular model???
I know you're up for a little theory talk this morning...:rock:

What is your theory as to why those numbers work on this particular model???
I know you're up for a little theory talk this morning...:rock:

I think it's because the transfers are a bit lazy and the early opening time allows the cylinder fill more effectively.

I think it's because the transfers are a bit lazy and the early opening time allows the cylinder fill more effectively.

I always thought those Stihls were a little lazy... They're like my nephew...
Just take a little longer to get the same job done...
:amazed:

make sure you put the chain on youngs saw on backwards for the test :hmm3grin2orange:

What did you end up with for duration figures after porting? Something like 158-160 exh, 126-130 transfers, and 155-160 intake?

Latest posts

Back