Ms660 in a box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUDIous

Reaction score
I've been using this site for years for all the good information, but I have a question I can't really find the answer to. I found ms660 for sale on my local Craigslist for $250. I sent the seller an email and am waiting to hear back from them. The saw is in pieces in a box. I bought an ms361 in similar condition a few years ago and that turned out really well for me, I'm hoping this will be the same. Other than a scored piston or cylinder is there anything that would make it not worth buying? How do I tell if any of the parts are fake/knock-off?

1122 is the four starting numbers for 064/066/660, these numbers will be stamped into each/most parts along with date codes and Normally a Stihl marking. Some small parts can be numbered as 1125 chain tensioner/ 1117 throttle lock, ect.

$250 is high for a saw in a box. If it comes with a good bar and chain, that helps but, it's still kinda high. I would expect the saw to be in excellent condition and not be missing anything for that price.

Make sure the case isnt broken at of the mounts and also check the tank for punctures or brakes.

Good luck.

I'm hoping I can get them down to $150-200. Thanks for the info on the numbers, that's what I was looking for.

I would never buy this unless i could have a good look at it in front of me beforehand. I learned this the hard way

I’ll never buy a saw in a box again.

Always parts missing, always.

The missing parts can add up to more than the purchase price, easily.

There’s a reason it’s apart and wasn’t put back together. Either a lack of knowledge (which will translate to missing parts) or enough knowledge to know it’s not worth putting back together for a better price.

My $.02

The guy got back to me last night, it sold already. That's for the input everyone.

Back