My 359 rules

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew that but didn't take it into account because of the weight. One could put it like this: The only 60cc chainsaw with true 4,9hp is the all mighty 262XP.

262XP: 3,6kW/4,9HP; 5,8kg powerhead. Source: KWF
PS6400: 3,5kW/4,8HP; 6,4kg powerhead. Source: KWF

The power difference might be negligable, but who wants to carry around the weight of a 7900 for 0,1hp less ?

OK, now you Stihlheads can continue to come up with excuses why your cure cancer saw got beaten by a Husky occasional user saw :cheers::cheers: Here is a hint for you: - Maybe it had a ChiCom jug in it ?! ;)

Pete I always thought you wasn't too bright, now I'm positive. If you can buy the testing procedure the poster laid out hell you will buy anything. Wanna buy some ocean front property out in the desert, I hear its cheap this time of year,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The chains WILL NOT INTERCHANGE AS THE GAUGE IS DIFFERENT as most of the EXPERTS should already know.

I will not bother anyone with more of my trivial, highly biased results again as I do not want someone to have heart failure because one saw beat another.

I will leave the tests to all the self-proclaimed experts since this forum obviously is not for the ignorant uninformed like myself. :cheers:

LMAO...not once did you mention anything about the guage of the chain... Just because that is how you have your saws set up is another trivial fact. The saws in question don't automatically come that way from the factory. It all depends on what the saw purchaser wants to run.

As an over 5,000 post AS expert... i must say that my stock 044 has "beat" a stock 7900 before. But the cat runnin' the 7900 was a knucklehead. So we switched saws... guess what... the 7900 beat my 044... the knucklehead was runnin' my 044 and didn't know jack about movin' a saw through wood. Hell... the log I was sawin' on was even 2 inches bigger and I still "won".

So your "tests" and the hissy fit that went with them is bogus. I could care less about "What saw is faster"... like I said earlier... I don't know you, or your ability to run a chainsaw...

Good ridance... don't let the door hit you in the a$$... another one bites the dust.

Gary

The chains WILL NOT INTERCHANGE AS THE GAUGE IS DIFFERENT as most of the EXPERTS should already know.

LOL... you could always buy a 50 gauge bar for the 359 or run the 361 with a .063 bar and the same .058 chain from the husky...

If you wan't to make claims, don't want to back them up, then get your feelings hurt by people making suggestions or commenting on the lack of scientific method... best of luck to you, it's going to be a hard road ahead.

I must admit that the suffering has been minimal in this thread. I expected more, much much more.

SBHooper good luck with the saws. I should have mentioned earlier that it was good to hear your 359 got sorted and is up and cutting wood.

#1 Same hear glad the saw is running good! I can see some good arguments on both sides! As chevytown said sometimes it get brutal around here! To me sometimes the net makes a good argument turn out worse than it should just because you have so many people who think their opinion is the right one , myself included, and you cant just go and run the saws like you could in person!

To the OP, did you think people were just going to clap and accept your obviously flawed and inaccurate results? This isn't about stihl-heads upset that a 359 is as fast or faster than a 361, as I am sure that is very possible and I own a 361. This is more about logic and common sense, which some people in this thread seem to lack.

Pete,

If the .6 KG puts it into another class for you, I have some advice. Join a gym. Lift some iron. In other words, put yourself into another class.

Just tryin' to help,

ole joat

The weight of the 6400 tell you that the power should be compared to 70cc+ saws, not to a 60cc one.......:greenchainsaw:

The weight of the 6400 tell you that the power should be compared to 70cc+ saws, not to a 60cc one.......:greenchainsaw:

Niko,

Well, most of use dumb ole homeowners on this site consider threee things as far as class: Power (HP and ccs), weight, and price. My point was, is and will remain that the 6400/6401 is generally cheaper than a 361, has as much or more power, and weights the same if you put a big Snickers bar on top of the 361.

Also, when you reach the point of sale, everyone is told of the power, and everyone knows whats in their wallet. I have never seen anyone take along a scale when purchasing a chainsaw. Have you?

ole joat

Niko,

Well, most of use dumb ole homeowners on this site consider threee things as far as class: Power (HP and ccs), weight, and price. My point was, is and will remain that the 6400/6401 is generally cheaper than a 361, has as much or more power, and weights the same if you put a big Snickers bar on top of the 361.

Also, when you reach the point of sale, everyone is told of the power, and everyone knows whats in their wallet. I have never seen anyone take along a scale when purchasing a chainsaw. Have you?

ole joat

I know the weights (usually the real ones, not the advertised ones) before I go anywhere close to the shop - some "home-work" really helps some times.......:cheers:

In the yard etc the weight doesn't matter much, but it sure does in the woods, along with the ergonomics/handling!

Last edited:
I know the weights (usually the real ones, not the advertised ones) before I go anywhere close to the shop - some "home-work" really helps some times.......:cheers:

Niko,

I know I'm being stiff-necked about this, but as a homeowner, if I was going to have one general purpose firewood saw, I'd rather have a 6400/6401 than a 361.

I see no reason it can't be considered in the same "class".

Class dismissed,

ole joat

In the yard etc the weight doesn't matter much, but it sure does in the woods, along with the ergonomics/handling!

Niko,

I saw your edit. We are now on the same page, maybe not the same word, but the same page.

Cheers, :cheers:

ole joat

Man its a public forum on the internet, take every thing you read with a grain of salt. I personally find reading other peoples opinions interesting.

I also think some people need to take a ...............................

attachment.php

but honestly, its all in good fun. :cheers:

Niko,

I saw your edit. We are now on the same page, maybe not the same word, but the same page.

Cheers, :cheers:

ole joat

I have said that over and over and over again + some more times, just not always......:jawdrop:

Not positive but I think the 10 secs difference is due to chain speed, more revs equal higher chain speed. In my world it's go faster is goin better!!!

GASoline71;1584405 So your "tests" and the hissy fit that went with them is bogus. I could care less about "What saw is faster"... like I said earlier... I don't know you said:
My 359 handles better than my 361, seems to cut better too, but then again I don't have thousands of saws of each to assess a valid data point
for real testing purposes, just like I had only one Triumph 650 to outrun
those Harley KR750's on the road race tracks, but I did. Yoyoyo to you.

Latest posts

Back