My BIL, a good guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could get a new P&C and it will really be a "NEW" saw.
My .02 cents
Matt

No brainer. Be done with it already.
Alright, I gotta go to bed. You guys stop posting here 'til tomorrow, okay ?
Don't make me open up another beer. LOL

Last edited:
Only $85 right HERE for an OEM topend kit. A new Meteor piston would cost us close to $45 with shipping, so only $40 more for a new OEM 44.7mm topend is a no brainer to me.

I think that's the way to go. Its relay a new saw now, even better then new.
Matt

No brainer. Be done with it already.
Alright, I gotta go to bed. You guys stop posting here 'til tomorrow, okay ?
Don't make me open up another beer. LOL

Will keep posting, give you a good excuse to open that beer.
Matt

I pm'ed Mckee tree to see if he may be our liaison for the handling of the saw. I know he lives around there and feel he if accepted the task would do it, we will see!

Will keep posting, give you a good excuse to open that beer.
Matt
I'm already 1/2 way through the one after the last one of the night. LOL

28 pages. Wow. I guess this effort is pretty important to all of us. Good on you all. :clap:

Last edited:
I measured the piston and rings and am concerned about the fit. The piston is .007" smaller than the bore and the ring end gap is .022" and .020". I'm not sure what to do at this point.

610339233_YhgXB-M.jpg

610339431_mZ6Qj-M.jpg

wow, that is the piston that I sent right? I didn't think it looked that bad in real life. That piston and my jug was making serious compression before. I think it was in 190-200 range with no gasket.

Let me know what you are going to with the piston. I'll take it back if you are going to trash it.

wow, that is the piston that I sent right? I didn't think it looked that bad in real life. That piston and my jug was making serious compression before. I think it was in 190-200 range with no gasket.

Let me know what you are going to with the piston. I'll take it back if you are going to trash it.

Pics do tend to accentuate flaws. Just like the pics of the cylinder.

We're still in good shape money wise. Donations are up to $445. Below are the estimated costs so far.

• Engine shroud and air filter cover = $37
  • Bearings, gaskets, seals, bar, 2 chains....ie all dealer parts = about $150
  • P&C kit = $85
  • Chaps = $73
  • TOTAL $345

We're still in good shape money wise. Donations are up to $445. Below are the estimated costs so far.

• Engine shroud and air filter cover = $37
  • Bearings, gaskets, seals, bar, 2 chains....ie all dealer parts = about $150
  • P&C kit = $85
  • Chaps = $73
  • TOTAL $345

Sounds good but you should get something for your labor too:cheers:

Last edited:
Back