My First Indian!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I finally tried out my first Human Figure. I am getting ready for a Cigar store Indian so I practiced a little before the big project. My daughter had this piece of granite that she wanted a table base for so.......
attachment.php
attachment.php
This is what I came up with . What do you think guys?​

Pretty darn good. What saw did you use?

Thanks for all the kind words. I used my 346xp first edition husky w 3/8 lp carlton 18" bar and ported muffler for all of the major removal. I love that set up btw. That little saw is a work horse for a 45cc saw. Then i switch to my little echo with 1/4" dime tip carver for the detail.

Well I finally tried out my first Human Figure. I am getting ready for a Cigar store Indian so I practiced a little before the big project. My daughter had this piece of granite that she wanted a table base for so.......
attachment.php
attachment.php
This is what I came up with . What do you think guys?​

I was thinking motorcycle :dizzy:

I showed my wife your stuff, and she really liked. Have you done any cedar slabbed benches as of late?

Tell her thanks:clap: No benches as of late, been carving lots of jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. Gearing up for the crafts fair / harvest festival season. I did carve a couple of deer busts for this 12' cedar name sign this week. Next of the list is a cigar store Indian bout 5 1/2' tall. Oh yeah I almost forgot this one. I milled a Pine fireplace mantle for a local guy that is building Field and Stream's Cabin of the year for 2010. Check it out!
attachment.php

That looks awesome! How much does it weigh? What kind of saw did you use?

wooden furniture

Thanks. It weighs about 50 lbs. I carve with several saws but for this particular piece I only used 2 saws. My husqvarna 346 XP, 18" low pro 3/8, and My Echo cs345, rear handle, 12" dime tip carver 1/4 chain.

Back