My new MS440 has arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking saw!

The big question is if there are any differences from the original MS440? :msp_smile:

Not everything the EPA does is bad for performance, higher ring placement is one example.
Will it perform out of the box like the older models, maybe. maybe not. Not everyone runs em stock tho...

Hey glad to be back (was in a motorcycle accident and in a coma :msp_scared:)
Anyway, Stihl USA is going to produce the MS440 so they say for 1 year. They are brought back because of so much grief the smoke jumpers made about the MS441 having vapor lock problems. I picked up 10 of them from *****. Not much is different with them. MSRP is 949 (Note, im not trying to sell says just informative only)
Cheers

This saw needs to be dirty not clean it aint a shelf queen:hmm3grin2orange: I looked at the MS440 and see no reason to waste the money on it when for a few bucks more you can get more power in the same weight class,I am huge fan of the MS460:clap:

Trouble with the tweener queen 460 is, you're always gonna long for a 440 or 660.

still no pc

hows it going havent bean on fore a bit and not my pc so sory about the spelling you who no me will understand --- anyway update on my saw colecting I have goten 1 ez and ez auto-1 cant rember number but it is a belt drive and the first 1man homelite made the 99th one in the searies-also got a titen 45a and a disten 2man - 2 other smaller homelites also I think I made it to the big cc club finely well hope you all are doing well will be on more wen I get a pc of my one teke cair and be safe

Its amazing how much a stupid chainsaw will get everyone, including me riled up.

Nice saw!

Am I in? What kind of question is that? We are taking about brand new MS440s here!

What kind of prices are you guys getting? List with a 25" bar is $929 and I can get them for $829. Not cheap, but not out of line either I dont think.

Back