My new neighbors....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Well, the new neighbors decided to have a "thanks for helping us move party" last night. No harm in that...good times,stories and a few beers. Well about 10pm they decided to light up the fire pit. Again no harm. Well about 11:30 Im taking the rotties out one last time before bed and I hear someone in the back corner by the shed. The cranky rottie takes off. I hear a few "oh darns" and some "aw shucks". When I get over to the area I see a few pieces of wood dropped outside my fence. Funny thing was they were in a straight line back towards the fire pit. Now Im heated but composed. Back inside to put on some more socially acceptable attire along with the concealled sig. Calmly,I approached the door and rang the bell. When someone finally answered, the guy says "it's almost midnight, what do you want?" I said, " I dont care that you are having a shindig, but please keep your guests out of my firwood pile". He then says Im the lucky one...that Im not getting sued over my dogs. I replied, Im not sure what you mean. He says my dogs almost attacked several of his guests. I informed him that "my dogs" never left "my property". If his friends don't want mangled hamburger for hands maybe they shouldn't engage in theft (as I refered him to the trail of wood). At this point I was being way to polite because I offered him all the pine he could burn....for the low cost of asking for it. He then tells me that he's calling the state police because I was on his doorstep threatening him. At this point I figured he was to drunk and i was going to get exactly no where with him. I leave but remind him again that I have a clear line of sight from several places in the house to the wood pile. Here's the good part....no more wood was stolen, he forgot to follow through on his threat of calling the police and the golden part......shortly after I returned to my house, a bunch of the drunk retards spending the night in tents managed to take out his aboveground pool.The side blew out and washed out their temporary campground and destroyed three tents. Oh how Karma likes to have fun at the expense of idiots, losers and A-holes!

What an A-Hole for a new neighbor. I'm sorry to hear that things have started out this way between you.

The best part of this first meeting is the idiots trashing his pool and washing out their tents.
:msp_smile:[SUB][/SUB]

Nosmo

Well, the new neighbors decided to have a "thanks for helping us move party" last night. No harm in that...good times,stories and a few beers. Well about 10pm they decided to light up the fire pit. Again no harm. Well about 11:30 Im taking the rotties out one last time before bed and I hear someone in the back corner by the shed. The cranky rottie takes off. I hear a few "oh darns" and some "aw shucks". When I get over to the area I see a few pieces of wood dropped outside my fence. Funny thing was they were in a straight line back towards the fire pit. Now Im heated but composed. Back inside to put on some more socially acceptable attire along with the concealled sig. Calmly,I approached the door and rang the bell. When someone finally answered, the guy says "it's almost midnight, what do you want?" I said, " I dont care that you are having a shindig, but please keep your guests out of my firwood pile". He then says Im the lucky one...that Im not getting sued over my dogs. I replied, Im not sure what you mean. He says my dogs almost attacked several of his guests. I informed him that "my dogs" never left "my property". If his friends don't want mangled hamburger for hands maybe they shouldn't engage in theft (as I refered him to the trail of wood). At this point I was being way to polite because I offered him all the pine he could burn....for the low cost of asking for it. He then tells me that he's calling the state police because I was on his doorstep threatening him. At this point I figured he was to drunk and i was going to get exactly no where with him. I leave but remind him again that I have a clear line of sight from several places in the house to the wood pile. Here's the good part....no more wood was stolen, he forgot to follow through on his threat of calling the police and the golden part......shortly after I returned to my house, a bunch of the drunk retards spending the night in tents managed to take out his aboveground pool.The side blew out and washed out their temporary campground and destroyed three tents. Oh how Karma likes to have fun at the expense of idiots, losers and A-holes!

This happened to me years ago. Neighbor stole my wood for their fire pit. I always make a point to mind my own buisness so i had never even talked to these people. So the next day i took their gas grill and placed it on my patio. They knocked on my door. I told them if they want to take my firewood i'll take their grill. You should have seen the facial expression. I told them to take their grill back and consider it a lesson or i would gladly make the situation unlivable for them. They never said a word to me or trespassed again until they moved 2 years later. Good luck.

This happened to me years ago. Neighbor stole my wood for their fire pit. I always make a point to mind my own buisness so i had never even talked to these people. So the next day i took their gas grill and placed it on my patio. They knocked on my door. I told them if they want to take my firewood i'll take their grill. You should have seen the facial expression. I told them to take their grill back and consider it a lesson or i would gladly make the situation unlivable for them. They never said a word to me or trespassed again until they moved 2 years later. Good luck.

I"m sure it had nothing to do with you smelling bad and looking like a goat...

:D

Hey fart.....now that is some sound advice. If it happenes again, I might have to try that one.

One other detail...Im close friends with several of the officers from the barracks that responds to this area. Thanks to their referals, I've also done some work for a few others. I dont think his calling them would help him in any way.

Last edited:
I hate when people think that they can just help themselves to a guy's woodpile. My wife and I moved in to our house about a year and a half ago, and our neighbor is a real stinking drunk. I mean he has a problem and has been to rehab several times. So I get a nice pile of oak split and stacked last winter from a tree that I removed on my property, and the A-hole comes over with his little red wagon once a month and helps himself to the oak! I'm never home when this happens, and I told my wife to stay away from this jerk, cause you never know what he could do. I got so sick of it that I finally split about a face cord of piss elm and gave it to him, and said that if he came onto my property again to steal my wood, we would have a real problem. Since he didn't want to violate his probation, we haven't had a problem since.

along with the concealled sig.

To hell and back reliability. That would have been exactly as I would have done. Your story makes me thankfull for having great neighbors, I just got home from being next door sitting in the garage, bs'n, and having a few beers. Hopefully they will sober up and make amends.

Had a similar problem earlier this summer. I thought the pile looked light on one end and over the next several days, a noticable dent appeared. I put the word out with a few of the neighbors that I was aware someone was stealing wood and I'd be picking a couple random nights per week to lurk in the nearby woods so I could catch the thief in the act and put a little bit of hurt on him. Funny thing, that was back in June and no wood has disappeared since. Think one of my neighbors might have been involved? Naah, they wouldn't do that, would they?

yeah, I hate that too. I have a ton of wood and if the neighbors would ask, I would be more than happy to share at no cost. But my hard work and money do not come free, you have to pay the price of swallowing your pride and asking nicely.

Had a similar problem earlier this summer. I thought the pile looked light on one end and over the next several days, a noticable dent appeared. I put the word out with a few of the neighbors that I was aware someone was stealing wood and I'd be picking a couple random nights per week to lurk in the nearby woods so I could catch the thief in the act and put a little bit of hurt on him. Funny thing, that was back in June and no wood has disappeared since. Think one of my neighbors might have been involved? Naah, they wouldn't do that, would they?

Sounds good! Like the time a lady that lived next door to me that i never talk to whatsoever walked up to me and said that she'd been talking to a friend of hers about cutting a fir tree down that's in my yard. Yea, you heard that right. This cunny i don't know and never talked to just walks up and tells me she's making plans for my property. This tree is completely in my yard, and my property taxes are over $1,600 a year and rising. I gave her a quick lesson about what private property is, and although somewhat polite in my admonition i made sure she walked away knowing that i was quite possibly capable of anything if i wasn't left alone. She left me alone. The thing about situations like this is letting the people know right away that you have zero tolerance for it. Of course, situations vary due to the way the property might be laid out and the people involved. But i've found tume and time again that rude people that would do something like take stuff out of your yard need to understand that they can either stay on their own land or become my doormat. It's been an easy choice for them so far. I can be a nice guy that you never hear a sound from, or i can be the guy that beats your husbands ass and plays waylon jennings songs on his telecaster until 5am. Your choice.

yeah, I hate that too. I have a ton of wood and if the neighbors would ask, I would be more than happy to share at no cost. But my hard work and money do not come free, you have to pay the price of swallowing your pride and asking nicely.

I've got some A**hat neighbors that insisted that I ask them before I clean up the weeds in the alley that runs behind their property (I need to do it so I can maintain access to the back of my property). Then they insist that I ask them before I clean up the quarry property that is behind their property and the alley. They got pretty torqued when I did it anyway... after all the alley is city property, and the quarry is well the quarry's property. I figured I'm not stepping a foot on their property and the only parties that should have an interest in what I am doing is the city and quarry.

Before all that happened, these free loaders couldn't be bothered to ask me before they helped themselves to a bunch of my firewood, only mentioning something after I put up a new security light that they didn't like, nor could they ask my permission to push up their trash and recycling a good 10 foot onto my property and up against my garage when they had a couple parties.... I guess it was ok to make my property look trashy as long as there's was nice looking...

Last edited:
I had some neighbors complain about a pile of dirt I had on my property. Yeah, like topsoil type dirt. This was probably 250' from their house and maybe 50 feet inside my property line. I was using the dirt for some landscaping. so what did I do? I moved it. I thought it was silly but hey, if it makes em feel better... Maybe I should mention that we live in a very rural area on a dirt road. We can't see another home from ours but I guess they could see my dirt pile. Maybe that would have been a good time to mention the hole they shot in my canoe with a .22 (their sons) or the trash they threw on our property... They did plant a nice row of Fraser Firs to screen the horrible sights from their viewing displeasure.

I feel for you with neighbor issues. I didn't like living in town, seems that we had all these nifty nice ordinances and laws which I studied as to what was expected of me as a citizen. I did my part, but everyone else could care less. And animal control was a mess, they won't do anything and they won't let me shoot em. Jeesh. My wife wasn't any more tollerant. I let her off her leash one day (that's not a litteral statement, for those wondering), then she told the neighbor that 'if he was going to be a b$%^h, then bend over and...'. Granted, she was pregant at the time, but that was enough stress for me.

So... I found a plot, no covenants, no conditions, no HOA's, no city ordinances... Love every minute of it. I talk to my neighbors about once a year, usually after a big snow storm. We are all on good terms and keep a lookout for any troublemakers, but see no need to bug one another, except for the occational tool, or to borrow a trailer or something.

Here's a tip... Get one of those rechargable million-candlepower spotlights, and the next time someone even looks at your property the wrong way after dark, light 'em up (with the light) and within a a second or two shoot a few rounds into the ground. Word travels fast about that. All the cops did was laugh and say goodnight to me. I tell everyone I know not to even approach my house after dark unless they call first.

Kinda swaying from topic, but I feel your pain. Neighbors can be a bear, but if both of you are in it for the long haul, you might as well make some kind of peace, even if to agree to disagree, at least say your piece in a clear consise way, but then you must let it go. It's not worth the stress of it all. Build a fence and enjoy your plot.

These are lossons I've learned the hard way, hope they help.

All these examples are why I don't live in the city anymore. Sick of putting up with #######s. Country life can be quite isolated and boring but we can leave doors unlocked and keys in vehicles out here with no problems. Garage door stays open all day and night where I have the wife"s car and some power equipment, never had a problem.

All these examples are why I don't live in the city anymore. Sick of putting up with #######s. Country life can be quite isolated and boring but we can leave doors unlocked and keys in vehicles out here with no problems. Garage door stays open all day and night where I have the wife"s car and some power equipment, never had a problem.

Amen to that, we are the same way.

we had some neighbors move in down the road 1/2 mile. He stopped by one day told me my fenced in yard (pasture) needed to be mowed. I kindly thanked him for being concerned but informed him the horses would mow it for me when they needed to be moved.

Glad I live out in the sticks also, dunno if I'd a handle someone stealin my firewood to good and bein a jerk about it to boot. Hopefully he smartens up, for both your sakes!

Sorry to hear about the neighbor issues, It sucks to have a jerk living next door.

Unwillingly I have been the jerk neighbor for the last 15 years. We bought a relatives home in town as a starter home and I was always a farm kid. So when I moved into the home and started a remodle it was quite the culture shock for my neighbors. I had zoning officals at my door at least 2x a week for the first 6 months with a new violation of one kind or another many were warranted some were not. By the 2nd winter the city trippled their gas rate and we went to buring wood in the old fireplaces in the home. You would have thought I was making meth in the house, The police showed up fire chief. Got that cleared up and the next week I was in "violation" of the debris ordinace because I had stacked firewood out side my back door.

We dont bother nobody but they shure bothered about us.

In your situation though there is no reason for anyone to come on your property and thievin is not acceptable in any form.

We bough a piece of property and all of our remodeling days are behind us but we still have problems out of the neighbors around that house. they Just hate us? I will nove to the property some day but until then we just calcualte trajectories over our fences at the other Homes LOL

Amen to that, we are the same way.

we had some neighbors move in down the road 1/2 mile. He stopped by one day told me my fenced in yard (pasture) needed to be mowed. I kindly thanked him for being concerned but informed him the horses would mow it for me when they needed to be moved.

mowing a pasture that's a funny one. good luck bailing the hay once it's mowed, lmao. maybe you should take him out to a hay field and show him the difference between pasture and hay, lol city slickers are a hoot.:msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back