My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xskier thats a 18" es and the 362 dual dog set u recommended for my 261. Havent got to use it because of hectic schedule this evening!! Sorry maybe tomorrow. It should sing with that 18 bar and Stihl full comp chain?

It probably won't sing until the fifth tank or so, more like a hum. My 362, 441, 261, and 192 were all that way.

Congrats, I got a twin of that (almost) right here. They handle a 20" bar just fine. Mine took about 5-6 tanks to break in. The manual says 5 - 15.

It will cut small and mid size stuff fast right away, but won't develop torque until you break it it. My prediction is it will be you favorite all around saw.

Keep us posted.

Guess I joined the 362c club Mike! lol! I.was back and forth handling the 261 and the 362 at the shop but didnt feel a big difference between the 2 so went with the one with more juice under the hood. Balances and feels great in the hand

I did the same thing. Actually went in to get a 261 C-M, did not know the 362 C-M was out yet, and there it was, on the shelf. I decided then that is what I wanted, but later ordered it through anther store. The 362 and 261 seemed about the same size, the 362 was just a little heavier, but it still feels like a Tonka Toy compared to my 044 and 441. It really cuts well after it breaks in. You have the 441 C-M, so it won't match that, but it is very close to a pre M-Tronic 441.

Keep us posted, my bet is it will be your favorite "go to" saw once it breaks in.

Welcome to the Club.

Yes Mike I bought it with the 18 b/c with the intentions of cutting my smaller wood with it and not pushing it to its limits. I have the 441c to use on the bigger wood with a 24" Sugihara bar.

My 044 came with a 24", and it powered it with no problem, but the 20" just seems like the best all around size for me. Good to have a longer bar available if you need it, but shorter than 20 and I have to reach too much, longer than 20 and it gets awkward when you are topping and is always cutting what is in back of your log in the wood pile. As a result, I generally run 20s on both saws.

I hear the 441 C-M cuts like a beast.

I.would have liked to see the rest of Moodys work especially the inside of the muffler work. Wonder why Stihl went back to a 2 piece muffler anyone?

Just for curiosity - if you didn't feel a massive difference between the 261 and 362 - do you notice a significant difference in weight and feel between the 362 and 441?

I.would have liked to see the rest of Moodys work especially the inside of the muffler work. Wonder why Stihl went back to a 2 piece muffler anyone?

Don't know, but there are no baffles inside, and if you want to add a second port, the cover on the opposite side is a great place to put it. Just make sure you make a hood to flow it forward. I only put a 3/8" hole in the cover, which is about the same size as the 1st hole. Have not had a chance to use it much that way, but for the little time I have run it ... it feels good.

Nice looking saw...probably perfect size for personal firewood cutting. Must be fast due to the hood scoop on top!

Latest posts

Back