My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for curiosity - if you didn't feel a massive difference between the 261 and 362 - do you notice a significant difference in weight and feel between the 362 and 441?
Yes i feel a difference in the 362 and441. I have to agree with everyone about the 441c being awkardly fat but I dont notice it when cutting. The 362c feels more like the 261 with the 18" bar . The 20" bar gave it a nose heavy feel and awkard. THE 261 AND 362 Side by side look close in body size but the 441 dwarfs the two. The 441 is fat, tall, and long

So the 362 spikes and roller go straight on a 261?
Yes the 362 roller set works and also the 441 magnum dawg set works as well with slight modification to the inner spike itself. The magnum dawgs on a 261 which i tried first provides too much bite as Xskier had told me . The 362 medium dawgs work much better on the 362 and 261 if that helps any and saves someone some time. I should have listened to Xskier from the start!! Lol!!

Are you going to install the large R clutch cover and extended mud flap?

I think you have to ask for them.
They dont offer r model on m tronics on the Stihl website but I could be wrong. Ill just add the clutch covers , dawgs, and h. o. oiler but if u like carb models its one heck of a deal for 40$ more

I think the 362 R C-M was on the website, then disappeared, and someone on this site recently purchased one, the dealer did not know what to charge.

They do make them, they are hard to find.

You guys are just in the wrong part of the country. I saw two shiny new 362 R C-Ms on the dealer's shelf this morning when I stopped in, as well as a 441 R C-M and a 461 R :D

Yeah, I just looked on stihlusa. Neither of the C-M saws I have are on there!? WTF!!!

Back