My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure a masterminded 261 would have satisfied me but my carb 261 had stage one mods but it wont come close to the 362c imo. Ill be cutting a tree that has fallen across a road tomorrow and put a few more tanks through it
Even though I really like a ported 261c, I would think this 362c would be very cool to own and use. :rock:

It is amazing they get the saw to run as well as it does from that tiny original port.

My gosh, the 362 C-M is getting some respect, and a fan base, I'm gonna have to pinch myself to make sure I'm awake!
Lol!! Well Mike u have a 362c fan to back u up! my first ride with it was a pleasure and very impressive. I love the 18" bar on it and will order a Sugihara 18 for it

I am glad you are so happy with it. I think I'm going to have to open up my muffler some more.

I'm sure that 441 C-M is very powerful, but the way the 362 cuts for it's size, it is hard not to like it for an all around saw.

Time for me to hit the hay, talk to you soon.

Id ask where you're gonna send yours but knowing you, I already know the answer.:rock:

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Gonna let him catch up a little bit

Lol!! Well Mike u have a 362c fan to back u up! my first ride with it was a pleasure and very impressive. I love the 18" bar on it and will order a Sugihara 18 for it

They do run exceptionally well :) For now, I am gonna leave my exhaust stock, or at least during the break in period.

Having ran a 362 OE and having owned several 036's and 361's, this saw stock is a runner. Right out if the box it's pretty nice and it's getting better with every ounce of fuel it drinks.
:clap:

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Gonna let him catch up a little bit

I
i
They do run exceptionally well :) For now, I am gonna leave my exhaust stock, or at least during the break in period.

Having ran a 362 OE and having owned several 036's and 361's, this saw stock is a runner. Right out if the box it's pretty nice and it's getting better with every ounce of fuel it drinks.
:clap:
Dexter I cant see leaving the screen and tiny hole in this saw for any reason? Like Brad said, open everything behind the deflector up. I did that before calibrating and running it and I experienced no hum, bogging, or slouchiness at all. I noticed the snappiness in the throttle immediately. It just flat out cut. My 261 was a stage one mod blowing 190psi and growing and this 362c has a ton more attitude and torque. Close to my 441c but no cigar!!! Lol! A ported 362c would be close to a stock 441c I bet

Don't know, but there are no baffles inside, and if you want to add a second port, the cover on the opposite side is a great place to put it. Just make sure you make a hood to flow it forward. I only put a 3/8" hole in the cover, which is about the same size as the 1st hole. Have not had a chance to use it much that way, but for the little time I have run it ... it feels good.

Two questions if you don't mind:

- Do you have a pic of your 363-CM MM? If so, would you please post it?

- I'll wait until after it breaks in before doing a MM, but should I also wait until the 2 year warranty is out?

Thanks!

The muffler mod can violate your warranty, so you may want to pick up a replacement muffler. That is why I modified the muffler cover. I will post a picture when I get a chance. I also like the fact that it is vented on both sides (like duel exhaust).

Depends on ur dealer! I wont mention where I bought mine but my dealer which is a lifelong Stihl mechanic recommended me opening it up but said he wouldnt do any other mods for the sake of warranty

Ok Ill take a stab at this, original cylinder exhaust opening is .698 which I left.The existing screen holder opening is .527. The stock exhaust exit was that tiny 3/8 hole. I opened the screen holder up to.800 and the exhaust opening to.766 and the deflector up to.721. Stock vs current is at 109%20140410_090212.jpg20140410_093539.jpg 20140410_090242.jpg

can anyone tell me how to.compress a mp4 video thats too large on a smartphone to upload to.as? i made video of 362

Latest posts

Back