My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just looked on stihlusa. Neither of the C-M saws I have are on there!? WTF!!!

That site has no shortage of problems. Don't even get started looking through their train wreck of a chain section. They list stuff they don't sell anymore, and can't keep their own new nomenclature straight.

The R model C-M was listed on the site before the regular 362 C-M, but the attached reviews were obviously for carb models. For some reason when the 362 C-M was added, the 261, 362 and 441 R models evaporated. Now the 440 is gone also, but looks like they restored the 660.

The store owner told me he could not get me a 362 C-M, but the Stihl rep happened to be in the store at the time and said "let me show you how to do it".

I would not have purchased the saw w/o M-Tronic, but other than that I wanted to keep it as light as possible.

20140409_172352.jpg Opened existing hole up in muffler all the way to back wall today. Recalibrated saw for 1 1/2 minutes on full choke and then reinstalled the 18es bar and oregon lgx chain. Upon cranking the tone was throaty and throttle response was instant!!! Cut up a 16" red oak and all i can say was selling the 261 was a good move!! The saw had no bog and cut with an attitude of my 441c!! Impressed is an understaement!! I fail to see the handling issues of the 362 as this thing screamed and handled like a dream. Torque was 2nd to none compared to my 261!! Smiled ear to ear while cutting!

View attachment 343758 Opened existing hole up in muffler all the way to back wall today. Recalibrated saw for 1 1/2 minutes on full choke and then reinstalled the 18es bar and oregon lgx chain. Upon cranking the tone was throaty and throttle response was instant!!! Cut up a 16" red oak and all i can say was selling the 261 was a good move!! The saw had no bog and cut with an attitude of my 441c!! Impressed is an understaement!! I fail to see the handling issues of the 362 as this thing screamed and handled like a dream. Torque was 2nd to none compared to my 261!! Smiled ear to ear while cutting!

Talk to me, what did you open it up with and how big is the current hole? There is virtually no information out there regarding Muffler Porting the 362 C-M. I put a second port in on the other side, but kept it very small. Maybe I will open it up a bit. I think the original port was only about 3/8" hole.

Mike finally has a 362C friend to talk to:clap::):D

Isn't it great! And now I know I was not crazy liking this saw. If KG is comparing it to a 441 C-M, that is strong!

There have actually been numerous other 362 C-M owners that have sent me PMs, but they likely don't want to have to deal with the Orange backlash. It is good to no longer feel alone.

Didn't you play with a non C-M one a while ago? Any advice on how much to open up the Muffler?

Thanks for sharing, the 362c sounds like a good one....idk I am very satisfied with my masterminded 261c but everyone knows how it goes, there is always room for bigger and/or more power...:D:rock:

Talk to me, what did you open it up with and how big is the current hole? There is virtually no information out there regarding Muffler Porting the 362 C-M. I put a second port in on the other side, but kept it very small. Maybe I will open it ubit. I think the original port was only about 3/8"le.
Mike I will get a port exit measurement vs the current tomorrow with a picture of the bit

Thanks for sharing, the 362c sounds like a good one....idk I am very satisfied with my masterminded 261c but everyone knows how it goes, there is always room for bigger and/or more power...:D:rock:
Im sure a masterminded 261 would have satisfied me but my carb 261 had stage one mods but it wont come close to the 362c imo. Ill be cutting a tree that has fallen across a road tomorrow and put a few more tanks through it

As of last week.... There is 3 of us. :)

The stock muff outlet is ridiculous. To small. About a 1/3rd smaller than the diameter of a dime.

View attachment 343789 View attachment 343790
dexter I took the existing outlet from the front opening straight all the way to the floor and then the top and bottom all the way to the back wall. Throttle response is very snappy and throaty

Back