My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems as though the 362 has a common fault - trying to do dual duty as a metal detector!
I'm sure if I make some smart a**e comment about huskies not doing that I will regret it tomorrow!
Yes this makes 3 ms 362's I know of mine having chewed nails twice original saw was a non m tronic.

That one was replaced by C-M model due to the infamous dust issue. So far I am quite happy with it. No I have not tried an H 562 my personal preference is Stihl with 2 great dealers in the area.

Straight away out of the box, it seems just as powerful as the original was after broken in, have 1.5 tanks through it right now cutting dead standing DRY live oak 16" and some cedar. Pulls hard even w the trash rmc chain that's on it due to the crap I was cutting in… torn up to many good chains cause of rocks metal and plain crap that trees grow around and hide in their depths. Refer to above post.

I believe the M-Tonic claims to have that. The control says "start", not choke, and the literature says the air fuel mix is adjusted based on temp, etc.

I don't claim to have a full understanding of the mechanics of it, but whatever they did, it works.
Yep. You are right.
I may need to take that back. The husky keeps a log of temperature when I looked at the info on the diagnostic software. I just didn't see the temp sensor when I had it apart and made an assumption.

I think these new systems from both Stihl & Husky are way more sophisticated that what most people think, which is why the new saws run so good. Better yet, they automatically adapt to changes you make (muffler porting, etc). Just like with the cars, we are "back in the good times". It generally takes technology a few decades to make up for what the EPA mandates, and we have arrived!

How does anyone buy a Stihl saw without fuel or oil, my dealer ABSOLUTLY will not sell any Stihl not "set-up" they claim it violates their dealership contract. I purchased a ms362R c-m and added a 20" Sugihara lightweight bar and it balances perfectly. Haven't ran the set-up yet, got a nearly new ms460 I've been cutting with.

How does anyone buy a Stihl saw without fuel or oil, my dealer ABSOLUTLY will not sell any Stihl not "set-up" they claim it violates their dealership contract. I purchased a ms362R c-m and added a 20" Sugihara lightweight bar and it balances perfectly. Haven't ran the set-up yet, got a nearly new ms460 I've been cutting with.

I walked out the door with mine having zero fuel or oil in it. I don't want them to start it.

#1- It has a warranty

#2- What if you bought it to keep and sell in 40 years (a 090 A/V with no fuel in the tank would fetch stupid/crazy money).

#3- Its an Autotune saw. With a non-Autotune, they went outside and tuned it with a little orange screwdriver.

So it's already "Set-up". In my opinion. Plus, I've seen dealers start brand new saws and rev them like idiots. Cold engine with no oil/fuel in the bearings/cylinder walls yet.. If I want to watch someone rev a saw like an idiot? Then I will watch the hundreds of YouTube vids out there..

Sorry, my first post should have included a picture!View attachment 344174
That saw looks sect with that bar on it...

Nice..:rock:

So FINALLY my Uncle has some fellow 362cm lovers to be pals with. Is the saw all he says it is??? His poor 441 went away to a new home because of this saw. Im a STRONG believer that there is no better firewood saw out there than a 372xp/ms440 class saw, well my pops ms460 sure makes quick work of firewood too. But you get what im saying, 70cc is a firewood monster. My closed port 55 does a good job limbing, and bucking little wood. But the real wood gets the 70cc Husqvarna. Do you guys that own both a 70cc and this new 362 really think the 362 is gonna replace your 70cc saw as your "go to" firewood machine?

Matt, let me know when you want me to come over and you can try it for yourself. I'm sure the 441 C runs stronger than a 362 C, but you can run it with my 044 or Bills 372 and tell me what you think. How is your 262 coming along?

Most dealers do prefer to run the saw first, not sure if this will change with autotune or m-tronic. Maybe they also want to make sure it runs in case you straight gas it? If you have a good relation with your dealer, you may also request them to turn the carb screw all the way counter-clockwise to left (assume limiter caps here), so its the richest it can be, so they may let you go without starting it. I did request the box but they had thrown it away, not sure why they do that, but if you special order im sure you could get the box.

I still haven't run the 362cm yet, but i do have an older 372xp as well as a 2008 372xpw 75cc, I'm not expecting it be as powerful (for 18+ inch hardwood and above), but the saw is starting to look better to me, initially it looked rather strange to me, and the build is very nice.

So FINALLY my Uncle has some fellow 362cm lovers to be pals with. Is the saw all he says it is??? His poor 441 went away to a new home because of this saw. Im a STRONG believer that there is no better firewood saw out there than a 372xp/ms440 class saw, well mIIy pops ms460 sure makes quick work of firewood too. But you get what im saying, 70cc is a firewood monster. My closed port 55 does a good job limbing, and bucking little wood. But the real wood gets the 70cc Husqvarna. Do you guys that own both a 70cc and this new 362 really think the 362 is gonna replace your 70cc saw as your "go to" firewood machine?
I can no.doubt say my 362c cuts 14 to 18" well with 18" bar and has alot more torque than my 261 did. Ive had the 261 and I have a 441c and I can honestly say It will not doubt be my favorite saw and even more so if it was ported. Glad I sold the 261 and got the 362c

I'd imagine a 362cm with 18" bar should be a good ripper, that's a small bar, I have 20" bars on the 034/035.. On the same token, i bought a 372xp 75cc that came with 20" bar, 8 tooth sprocket from a logger, talk about impressive.

I agree with you 100%, just repeating what my dealer told me.
I walked out the door with mine having zero fuel or oil in it. I don't want them to start it.

#1- It has a warranty

#2- What if you bought it to keep and sell in 40 years (a 090 A/V with no fuel in the tank would fetch stupid/crazy money).

#3- Its an Autotune saw. With a non-Autotune, they went outside and tuned it with a little orange screwdriver.

So it's already "Set-up". In my opinion. Plus, I've seen dealers start brand new saws and rev them like idiots. Cold engine with no oil/fuel in the bearings/cylinder walls yet.. If I want to watch someone rev a saw like an idiot? Then I will watch the hundreds of YouTube vids out there..

That saw looks sect with that bar on it...

Nice..:rock:

The 362 is a nice saw but no way is it as stronger as a 372 or 044 and if yours is you got something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I for one have no illusion that my 362c will best a 441/461, that's why I am hoping the 461 will be available in a C-M version eventually.

Latest posts

Back