My new toy- ms362cm 18b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice, the only problem is to my generation a clipboard is a hard 9 X 12 brown board with a spring loaded metal clip on the top, but if I get stuck I will call one of my daughters or step sons. They always bail me out. It is like I tell people, there is nothing like a Smart Phone to make you look stupid!

anyone cut one of these up yet to make it run good yet ?

Brian, let me ask you something. When I tried to modify the duel port muffler cover for the 044 the saw did not idle well or respond well no matter how much I tried to tune it, so I put a stock duel port cover on it. The stock one seems to work just great with the tune just 1/8 richer (both Hi & Low).

I did not modify the cover very much, so I am assuming the modded covers you use are all on either big bore saws or "worked" saws that need more flow. Am I correct?

Thanks.

No plans to port my 362cm saw, just bought it 2 weeks ago and plenty strong even at end of 2nd tank. Now this saw is definitely not a toy, bucked up some 20" oak with ease, with bar completely burried, and noodling up some 36" red oak no problem, plus we'll use the noodles for easter eggs. Clutch cover got pretty packed up thats for sure. For what we do around here, i could see a saw combo of 200t, 362cm, then 660 on occasion. Some get away with 200t, 460, others a 200t, 346, 372.

Now the 241c was a toy, personally i didn't care for it (sold it), and for that price of $550, didn't think its better then a 250, just my opinion. Got a great deal on the 362cm for $600. Now I'll be selling older saws for the 661cm unless i get a real good deal on a 441cm.

That is a great deal on the 362 C-M. It is easy to operate and has a great Hp / Wt ratio. Will almost do the work of a non M-Tronic 441.

If they come out with a M-Tronic version of the 461 w/o adding size & wt, that will be quite a saw to have IMO.

Brian, let me ask you something. When I tried to modify the duel port muffler cover for the 044 the saw did not idle well or respond well no matter how much I tried to tune it, so I put a stock duel port cover on it. The stock one seems to work just great with the tune just 1/8 richer (both Hi & Low).

I did not modify the cover very much, so I am assuming the modded covers you use are all on either big bore saws or "worked" saws that need more flow. Am I correct?

Thanks.

you have something wrong with your saw then ,crank seal or a bad carb possibly ,i have run triple port on stock cylinder 440 saws and they idle fine and rev up fine ,i had one act like you are describing once ,the crank seal and main bearing was not all the way in on the oil pump side of the saw i was working on an it had similar symptoms ,it should start and run with 1 turn out on both screws then adjust 1/8 turn at a time till makes the most power loaded

Now the 241c was a toy, personally i didn't care for it (sold it), and for that price of $550, didn't think its better then a 250, just my opinion. Got a great deal on the 362cm for $600. Now I'll be selling older saws for the 661cm unless i get a real good deal on a 441cm.
I agree on this. I love the 241 but it needs to be at the $400 price point. It's barely faster than a 250 or 251 at a substantial price disadvantage. I've ordered the one and only one for stock, and they will be special order from this point out. The 241 has generated zero interest among my customers, but the 250 was my number one selling saw last year. My market has no professional users of small saws and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I agree on this. I love the 241 but it needs to be at the $400 price point. It's barely faster than a 250 or 251 at a substantial price disadvantage. I've ordered the one and only one for stock, and they will be special order from this point out. The 241 has generated zero interest among my customers, but the 250 was my number one selling saw last year. My market has no professional users of small saws and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

And I own a MS241 lol! But I like it. Even though I have a stage 1 Snellerized 261 and a 261 Sawzilla.

The 362C is quite the saw compared to the first edition, stated once again. FWIW my Stihl Dealer has 6 certified mechanics as they are a high volume Pro Saw Dealer, timbermen love this place. They sell more Pro saws than homeowner saws. Anyway most of the techs and workers at these two stores have a 362 as their firewood saw of preference. The 441C and 440/460 are a few in there as well.

Just like fine dining. A waitress can make or break your experience, no matter what the reputation of the establishment. Same goes for a Darn Good Dealer, no matter what preference of manufacturer you prefer. They are worth a few extra bucks and will always be there when you need them. Remember, if the Dealers can't make $ they won't be in business. We need them, or at least I do.

Glad to hear you say this, as I have a 250, and like it quite well. Really thinking of adding a 60cc saw to complete the 40/50/60cc trio.

And I own a MS241 lol! But I like it. Even if I have a stage 1 Snellerized 261 and a 261 Sawzilla.

The 362C is quite the saw compared to the first edition, stated once again. FWIW my Stihl Dealer has 6 certified mechanics as they are a high volume Pro Saw Dealer, timbermen love this place. They sell more Pro saws than homeowner saws. Anyway most of the techs and workers at these two stores have a 362 as their firewood saw of preference. The 441C and 440/460 are a few in there as well.

Just like fine dining. A waitress can make or break your experience, no matter what the reputation of the establishment. Same goes for a Darn Good Dealer, no matter what preference of manufacturer you prefer. They are worth a few extra bucks and will always be there when you need them. Remember, if the Dealers can't make $ they won't be in business. We need them, or at least I do.
Hello Porsche! Well said and if u let that 241c ever
go , give me a shot at it

Back