My wife went to an auction and bought a couple of things for me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I mentioned to my wife that I wished I didn't have to work this last Saturday so that I could go to this auction. It was at the home of one of the oldest chainsaw dealers in Springfield. I was surprised when I started getting text messages from her with pictures of the items at the auction asking me how much to give for them. Here is a group photo of what she ended up getting.

attachment.php
View attachment 185789

Here is an old Homelite 26LCS (109 cc)

attachment.php
View attachment 185790

A really nice Super XL Limited Edition. I put gas in it and it started right up. It runs great.

attachment.php
View attachment 185791

A few of the manuals she got and a couple of toy saws.

attachment.php
View attachment 185792

I LOVE my wife!:msp_wub:

Rep sent......to your wife on that. That Super XL looks sooooooooo nice:clap:

The toys are cool as well.

One does want to know what it took to buy all this stuff???

I mentioned to my wife that I wished I didn't have to work this last Saturday so that I could go to this auction. It was at the home of one of the oldest chainsaw dealers in Springfield. I was surprised when I started getting text messages from her with pictures of the items at the auction asking me how much to give for them. Here is a group photo of what she ended up getting.

attachment.php
View attachment 185789

Here is an old Homelite 26LCS (109 cc)

attachment.php
View attachment 185790

A really nice Super XL Limited Edition. I put gas in it and it started right up. It runs great.

attachment.php
View attachment 185791

A few of the manuals she got and a couple of toy saws.

attachment.php
View attachment 185792

I'm starting to like her too!

Man, you had better be nice to that fine lady of yours. What a great haul.

The last time my wife went with me to an auction she told me it was the last auction she was ever going to! She didn't understand that you don't have forever to put in your bid. I laughed when they yelled Sold! to an item she was thinking of bidding on...she didn't think it was so funny!

Rep sent......to your wife on that. That Super XL looks sooooooooo nice:clap:

The toys are cool as well.

One does want to know what it took to buy all this stuff???

Well, there wasn't much interest in chainsaw related stuff except for the signs. They sold about 20 signs of multiple brands-some still in the box-and they brought more than I wanted to give. In other words she did very, very well.:D

Lucky man.... I have always been in the other "boat" myself. I come home from work and there are saws missing cause someone thought I had to many. When she finally left, all I could think was how glad I was that we were not married and I got to keep all my stuff.

DOOOHHOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock::rock::rock::clap:

Head to town and get the goddess a gift Cert. for "The works" at the girly spa, pick up posies and her favorite bubbly stuff on the way back home!

You owe the gal hard for that score!!!
Gonna take YEARS of putting the lid back down alone. WOW!

The Super XL....I don't remember 'em looking that good back in the day. Nice.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

modded new wood skidder

You need to stick that giant old homey engine on that scooter there, plus add some mud dawg tires.

WOW! My wife would come home and tell me about all the chainsaw "stuff" she saw (after the auction, of course).

Lucky man.... I have always been in the other "boat" myself. I come home from work and there are saws missing cause someone thought I had to many. When she finally left, all I could think was how glad I was that we were not married and I got to keep all my stuff.

Dang, Johnnie, I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out.

WoW! It sounds like you have a really great marriage that has a lot of love and respect in it!

REP to your wife for loving you this much to care about your hobbies! I'm sure you would have done the same if she couldn't get to a saw item auction! ;-)

I mentioned to my wife that I wished I didn't have to work this last Saturday so that I could go to this auction. It was at the home of one of the oldest chainsaw dealers in Springfield. I was surprised when I started getting text messages from her with pictures of the items at the auction asking me how much to give for them. Here is a group photo of what she ended up getting.....

Are there new Dolmars in those boxes or did she just grab them from the box pile?

My sister has one of those trimmers in her garage. I think those were Homelites first attempt into the weedeater market.

Are there new Dolmars in those boxes or did she just grab them from the box pile?

My sister has one of those trimmers in her garage. I think those were Homelites first attempt into the weedeater market.

Those are actually metal Dolmar signs. One of them still has the plastic protective cover over it.

I don't know about those trimmers. It came in a pile that she bought.

Back