My wood pile.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Wood Pile

It certainly looks like you have it going your way and is looking good. I like your sawbuck. It looks like it may have been made with pallets.

Nosmo

Nice pics...how long does it take you to make one of those round stacks? Is it worth the effort?

Took me a few days to split the wood with the fiskars, and no longer to stack a circle than a line.

I can't remember what that pile is called but I got the idea from a thread on here, it's starting to bulge out on one side and will get moved into the shed in a couple weeks.

Got the pallet idea from here too!

Nice pics...how long does it take you to make one of those round stacks? Is it worth the effort?

No, they are not worth it in my opinion. Mine took 2-3 times longer than stacking in windrows. I spent the time to make them very nice, round and level. After about 6 month, they dried and shifted enough to make the sides fall out. Made two of them, one about 1 cord of wood and the other about 3 cords of wood.

They look really cool at first, but I will never make one again. Windrows are just SOOOO much easier.

I started taking mine apart yesterday to put in the shed and had a huge collapse! Now there is wood all over the ground, got to get it cleaned up in the next few days.

Everything I have read about the HH tells me don't do it! Hell I have regular rows fall down on me one of those would never last.

Latest posts

Back