Need 044 piston & cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey jay_d,

There are several sponsors here who sell 044 top ends. Your offer in open forum is a MAJOR no-no. Hopefully you get off with a warning. I doubt it.

well if any vendor sells a used 044 top end, then i do apoligize, but i think baileys only sells aftermarket new stuff. Lord forbid i cant tell a guy who is asking for a USED top end about mine. The amount of red tape in this country is astonishing.

Well I ordered a meteor piston and started to put it back together today and it seems like I have a 10mm pin even tho the serial number is after what was posted here and on baileys. Who sells pistons with the 10mm pin?

i think finding a aftermarket piston for a 10mm will be a toughy. probably cheaper just to change the crank out

Episan makes it in 044, thats what I put on mine last summer and it ran great until both rings broke in half a couple days ago.
I don't know the quality of rings had anything to do with it. I have been using some dated stihl 2 cycle oil back from when it was 40 to 1 mix and I did have it cranking pretty high on rpms. Any way I have started a discussion about mine in another thread.

Latest posts

Back