need a bigger saw please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that going from a 260 to a 660 or an 084, would be that good of an idea for him right now.

As bad as I hurt from lugging that 046 yesterday, I know I don't want a 660 for a firewood saw!

whats the problem Andy I used a 460 and an 066 firewoodin all day today,,,

well 4 hours anyway!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!! actually the only thing that stopped me was I got thirsty,,,,,, and I had promised my daughter I wood grill some fajita's so I stopped cutting @ 1530,,,, put my saws and gear up covered the splitter and had a cold beer!!!!!!! and got cleaned up and started cooking,,,

I will feel it tomorrow LOLOL!!!!!!! :agree2:

whats the problem Andy I used a 460 and an 066 firewoodin all day today,,,

well 4 hours anyway!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!! actually the only thing that stopped me was I got thirsty,,,,,, and I had promised my daughter I wood grill some fajita's so I stopped cutting @ 1530,,,, put my saws and gear up covered the splitter and had a cold beer!!!!!!! and got cleaned up and started cooking,,,

I will feel it tomorrow LOLOL!!!!!!! :agree2:

YUP!!! Thats the problem!! It was only three hours, but in the bush a ways. When I ran out of gas I was ready for a break. Thank heavens it's a thirsty sucker! Had to run the 32" for all of it.
Then we got to load the trailers.

For the seller in Ohio, we might know him, but that is pretty vauge a description.

Nice buy though, I am even more amazed Ultra let that one sneak by:)

well i don't have the 044 046 066 or 088, these are mainly what i want.
these trees range from 1foot diameter to 4-5foot and can get up to 150+ feet tall, so cutting one down and cutting it up really starts to work on your back if you dont have a fast powerful saw

Gettin saw logs or veneer? thoes are some BIG ASSED trees for the east!!!!!

Nice buy! I had one identical to that but i ran a 36" bar and FSC chain. Even with the 36" bar, i wasted a 371XP with a 28" in the same wood, granted the 371 is a smaller saw. But my point is that the 066 has a TON of power and would always pull me into the log that i was cutting, even with the 36" bar.

If your sticking with stihl I would say get a 460 or an older 046 if you are interested in trying something other than stihl the Dolmar 7900 is a good way to go.

Oops just seen you already made a purchase Congrats on the 660 keep the chain sharp and the rakers set and it will fly through the wood.

well i don't have the 044 046 066 or 088, these are mainly what i want.
these trees range from 1foot diameter to 4-5foot and can get up to 150+ feet tall, so cutting one down and cutting it up really starts to work on your back if you dont have a fast powerful saw

Sounds to me like your going to need two big saws. If my trees ranged from 1 to 5 feet then I would want an 044 and a 088 or a 372xp and a 3125xp.

Latest posts

Back