Need help getting some stihl chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar1rules

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello fellas, I went to my local stihl dealer today and ordered a 32" es bar and wanted to order some full skip RSF chain and he told me its discontinued. Wtf? Anyone know where I can get some genuine stihl RSF chain?

No...I don't but it's not very much in demand here in the South...

You might try...eBay...Bailey's...Madson's...or other PNW Stihl shops..??

(Stihl dealers will likely sell you chains...as there's NO warranty on them to be registered)
:cheers:
J2F

Hello fellas, I went to my local stihl dealer today and ordered a 32" es bar and wanted to order some full skip RSF chain and he told me its discontinued. Wtf? Anyone know where I can get some genuine stihl RSF chain?

It's not discontinued, but may not be in stock from your distributor.

It's not discontinued, but may not be in stock from your distributor.
Yeppers..!! - - It's still on Stihl's website of chains pfd....sooo...I guess they're still making it.

Distributers generally only stock what the dealers are selling...they're NOT gonna hold stock that doesn't sell.

Sooo..I'm with "Blood" on this..it's just likely a 'regional dealer' problem..!! (dealer SHOULD have called Stihl..VA.)

And..yes I know that Stihl (Virginia Beach, Va) doesn't make Stihl chains...BUT...they 'should' know if discounted.
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
I have a 25' roll and can make you a loop or two. Two loops can be shipped in the $5.80 (or thereabouts) USPS package.

I just picked up 4 loops of this exact chain from my guy here by me. He had to order it, but he knows to just get me what I ask for and doesnt feed anyone any BS.

Nice screen name !!

I dont understand why my stihl dealer cant got thru another distributer that stocks it and get me what I need.

I dont understand why my stihl dealer cant got thru another distributer that stocks it and get me what I need.

Probably because he can't be bothered.

The Stihl dealer here told me a few years ago that nobody made semi chisel chain anymore. Not Stihl, not anybody.

Uh huh.

Howdy,
If you want to give us a call, we have it in loops, or bulk.
QS 3953 005 0105 105 DL Loop $36.99 ea
Regards
Gregg

Probably because he can't be bothered.

The Stihl dealer here told me a few years ago that nobody made semi chisel chain anymore. Not Stihl, not anybody.

Uh huh.

Sadly, many dealers and distributers do such things, just to make logistics simpler for themselves.

Latest posts

Back