Need help with a member pinesfarm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well said!

You guys repping this kid back to green before a saw has shown up show just how flawed the rep system is and also a good indicator of what's wrong with the country overall. At best, we have a rotten delayed, no communication deal, at worst we have a thief. How either is worthy of positive rep is beyond my understanding.

Thanks. Ya I don't get it at all. Like everything else in this world it seems. Kids getting praise for doing mediocre things.

I couldn't agree with the both of you more. :dizzy:

You guys repping this kid back to green before a saw has shown up show just how flawed the rep system is and also a good indicator of what's wrong with the country overall. At best, we have a rotten delayed, no communication deal, at worst we have a thief. How either is worthy of positive rep is beyond my understanding.

I disagree. . . You act as though the positive rep can't be undone?

I gave the kid positive rep on a contingency, and he's well aware of that. If he truly came clean, meant his apology, and the man gets his saw, he gets to keep the positive rep. He was made aware that if this is just another lie, or deception. . . I'll spend the next year plunging him into Red Nova hell.

It's about rewarding good behavior, and punishing bad behavior. . . Which, BTW, this kid might not have gotten growing up. Either his old man didn't reward him at all, or rewarded him for any behavior or action, good or bad.

It's also about giving someone a second chance, and forgiveness. By giving him some rep to get him out of the red, I certainly was not condoning what he did, and the kid knows it.

The ball's in his court. . . It's now up to him whether or not he gets to stay green or go red -- permanently. There's absolutely nothing wrong with giving him a second go.

Never paid much attention to this "rep" thing anyway, the novas and marks
only go so high, I noticed that me and a few of the others have all the same
number of novas and marks, so that is as high as the gauge goes< I guess..

What does the nova stand for anyway? 100? 1000?

Wrapped!

Never paid much attention to this "rep" thing anyway, the novas and marks
only go so high, I noticed that me and a few of the others have all the same
number of novas and marks, so that is as high as the gauge goes< I guess..

What does the nova stand for anyway? 100? 1000?

I got so many NOVA's, they have reset to zero!

now I have to start again!

heh...:hmm3grin2orange:

A dinosaur speaking

It's about rewarding good behavior, and punishing bad behavior. . . Which, BTW, this kid might not have gotten growing up. Either his old man didn't reward him at all, or rewarded him for any behavior or action, good or bad.

Metals, you are 100 percent correct. This is the main reason I'm out of the education profession--kids AND PARENTS just don't comprehend this basic concept any more. It's not that tough to understand: do good things, good things happen; do bad things, bad things happen. I understand why kids mess up--they're kids, right? I expected that kids would mess up and considered correction of such errors as a learning opportunity, part of their education. But when the parents keep doing everything they can to get their kids off the hook for messing up, that just flat-out amazes me. Do they think they can shield little Johnny from the natural consequences of this world for the rest of their lives? Eventually, that lesson hits home hard one day, and Johnny never knew what hit him, and mommy and daddy can't fix it. And maybe they're in the police station, hospital or morgue trying to understand what went wrong with "such a nice boy".

That's what I like about chainsaws, motorcycles and guns: there's no arguing or debate about what's right or wrong in the operation of these objects. Either you operate them in the correct manner, or you pay the consequences. Most excellent learning tool for young people who are growing up--maybe not the chainsaws so much as the other two. Although the way a chainsaws growls and snarls, it instills plenty of respect in a young'un without a single word of caution.

This is an opportunity for young Pine to make good in a world full of adults and take one small step toward becoming a man; the outcome of all this should prove interesting. But he will have to live with himself the rest of his life, as will his father. Frankly, I don't relish that thought. We just move on to another thread and get back to the Husky vs. Stihl vs. Dolmar discussions. Not my kid.

Rant off; sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. Do I sound like a dinosaur or what?

Olyeller

well said!

That label still has not been scanned in anywhere. I thought you could only print priority or express mail from home, not first class or parcel post. Priority and express are both trackable, and they would get scanned in at a pickup at your house/business, or via a scan form when dropped off, or when they hit a new hub in the delivery process, for the last one, they date stamp the 2nd half of the label as proof of mailing. And judging by the online tracking, the last scenario is what we are waiting on to show a package has been sent with that tracking number.

Yep, I still think he needs his ass kicked

[QUOTE Trimmed

You guys repping this kid back to green before a saw has shown up show just how flawed the rep system is and also a good indicator of what's wrong with the country overall. At best, we have a rotten delayed, no communication deal, at worst we have a thief. How either is worthy of positive rep is beyond my understanding.[/QUOTE]

:agree2: 100% AS I said yesterday this guy does not need one rep until the saw is here. And even if it does show up all he did id cover his ass because we all jumped on him. He needs no rep! What I stated in a pm to him is he needs grow up and quit being a low life and , if not dont plan on being on this site much because we all watch out for each other and you wont have many friends stealing from people. Rep no, ass kicking yes, If he proves himself over time as having learned a lesson, then the right to be a respected AS member would come, as of now I dont respect covering his ass!

I'm just a few miles from pinesfarm, tempted to see the place with the show there starting soon there should be all kinds of activity around...

with the money involved with the horse show crowd, can't help but think this punk is a spoiled little **** that thinks this whole thing is funny. maybe not nice but the tracking number should be showing by now if that is the one he really used

I wonder how much of that horse money dried up with our so called "recession"?

We sell a lot of hay in small square bales to the horse people, there's still some call but it's not like it was a couple years agoe. Kind of nice not haveing to deal with some of them. I never trusted anyone who wore a cowboy hat on the east side of the Missouri river, if they have boots look out and if the last name ends in a vowl, you know they will screw you.

Anyway, Striperswapper, if you chose to show up, let us know how it pans out. Let me know where to send an "anonomis cash donation" (Im sure my spelling sucks). If you wish for me to foreward a bunch of PM's exchanged, I can. But you'll learn nothing more than what I have posted above. I have to behave, but what you do is your business.

Eventually, that lesson hits home hard one day, and Johnny never knew what hit him, and mommy and daddy can't fix it. And maybe they're in the police station, hospital or morgue trying to understand what went wrong with "such a nice boy".

Now THAT is deserving of rep. Well said. :cheers:

I don't understand the positive rep thing, he has done nothing decent, just put us off, lied, etc. He may have done now what he was supposed to do, but it's like getting out of bed at 2pm when you were supposed to be to work at 8am. You're still late, you didn't care enough to do what you obligated yourself to do in the first place. Sorry is just a word, and words are not actions.

I negged him after reading all the BS.

I've only been here for like 6 months, have sold/traded/posted with many members here and have yet to get a Nova. (not that i am looking for one really) but i will be damned if im gonna give him the same rep that I try try to or have earned.

p.s. Imho doing what one should have done months ago is not good behavior nor good practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back