Need help with Jonsered pricing: 2159 --> 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Talk about disappointment...I talked to my LSS last week, the same one where I bought my 2159 about 2 months ago. I asked how much they would want to trade it in on a new 2171...they said $220. I couldn't get down there until today, was ready to strike the deal, and he said it would be a $300 difference. I asked what happened to the $220, he said he had made a mistake on the phone and apologized for it, but he couldn't do it for that price. He forgot the price difference in the two saws (new) was $200...he originally quoted me that price based on what he thought was a $100 retail difference.

My 2159 has two gallons of gas through it, and is in perfect condition. Never spent a night outside, never had anything but premium gas, and Jonsered 2-stroke and bar oil in 'er.

What do you guys think would be a fair price for the deal? Is the $300 as bad a deal as it seems to me?

One other pricing question...if I were to sell my 2159 on this site or eBay, what kind of price do you think I could get for it? It's got a 20" Total Super Bar (solid), and it would come with two mufflers, the (now used) cat it came with, and an unmodified new-in-box non-cat ordered from Husky.

If I could get close enough selling privately, I might could buy the 2171 outright.

Thanks everyone...sorry for all the blather.

wood_newbie said:
Hey guys,

Talk about disappointment...I talked to my LSS last week, the same one where I bought my 2159 about 2 months ago. I asked how much they would want to trade it in on a new 2171...they said $220. I couldn't get down there until today, was ready to strike the deal, and he said it would be a $300 difference. I asked what happened to the $220, he said he had made a mistake on the phone and apologized for it, but he couldn't do it for that price. He forgot the price difference in the two saws (new) was $200...he originally quoted me that price based on what he thought was a $100 retail difference.

My 2159 has two gallons of gas through it, and is in perfect condition. Never spent a night outside, never had anything but premium gas, and Jonsered 2-stroke and bar oil in 'er.

What do you guys think would be a fair price for the deal? Is the $300 as bad a deal as it seems to me?

One other pricing question...if I were to sell my 2159 on this site or eBay, what kind of price do you think I could get for it? It's got a 20" Total Super Bar (solid), and it would come with two mufflers, the (now used) cat it came with, and an unmodified new-in-box non-cat ordered from Husky.

If I could get close enough selling privately, I might could buy the 2171 outright.

Thanks everyone...sorry for all the blather.
I checked last week on the 2165 and 2171 they asked 695.00 for the 2165 and 795.00 for the 2171.I liked the looks of them.But can can the all new 441 stihl for 700

What don't you like about the 2159? If you consider selling it outright, I might be interested. I love my 359 which I'm told is pretty much the same saw. Send me a PM with the details & which size sprocket it has. I can't make any promises but I'll see If I can rearrange some assets.

Use the bag and drag

I looked at the 2171 and my LSS is offering the bag and drag discount of $150.00 for any complete saw. Get a yard sale job or some beater $10 wild thingy and trade it in. If I remeber the total for a 2171 with a 24" bar was $485.00?

Kevin

i use both the 2159 and 2171, its nice to have the smaller saw for limbing, the 2171 gets heavy after a while, i waswn't too impressed with the power of the 2159, i must be the e-tec mufffler screwing it up, i've had it back to a dealer twice and thats just the way it runs.
wood junky, is that $485 after the bag and drag?

wood junky said:
I looked at the 2171 and my LSS is offering the bag and drag discount of $150.00 for any complete saw. Get a yard sale job or some beater $10 wild thingy and trade it in. If I remeber the total for a 2171 with a 24" bar was $485.00?

Kevin

That's my dealer's price on the bag & drag sale for the 2159 with 24" bar. For the 2171 the price is $640.

I am looking at the card from the LSS with the qoute. It does not specify 2171 I was speaking with the owner about that saw and he said he would have to order it. He had the 59 in stock-

my recollection is that he would do a 71 for 469 bag and drag.

K

Back