Need shippig help from Puyallup, WA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...I'm confused. The grandson is how old? He isn't capable of putting something in a box with packing material, and taking it to UPS, Fed ex etc...? I'm sorry but how in the world did he ever obtain a driver's license. I apologize if there is something here that I'm missing.

Damn, wrong end of the continent, again.
Could've made a nice road trip from BC (British Columbia not to be confused with Baja California).

Maybe it's the stand, which was mentioned, that's the issue?

This stuff isn't relative at all to shipping a chain grinder. Something still smells fishy to me about that.

I think it is relative. I've had UPS people get in my face at the customer counter if they thought I was shipping anything related to OPE, chainsaws, mowers, etc.
So if the grandson walked in with the grinder as-is (i.e. mounted on the stand,) then I can definitely see them getting their colons in a knot about it.

Ok...I'm confused. The grandson is how old? He isn't capable of putting something in a box with packing material, and taking it to UPS, Fed ex etc...? I'm sorry but how in the world did he ever obtain a driver's license. I apologize if there is something here that I'm missing.

Maybe he beat the grandson down so badly that he doesn't have any confidence now?

Maybe it's the stand, which was mentioned, that's the issue?

I'm sure that's part of it. I picked up a RSII off Craigslist for a member who lives in Iowa, and he had me just ship the grinder unit itself. This was early last summer. The grinder unit
at that time was $41 to ship via Fedex from Oregon to Iowa. They wanted $85 to ship the stand due the length and bulk of it. UPS was even more. The member has a full machine shop
so he ended up making his own stand.

Have him deliver to a FedEx store, they pack and ship. I've dropped off old greasy saws before, no problem. Just make sure it's one that does pack & ship, costs about and extra $10.99 for them to package it.

Go to Fed-Ex website and use the store finder for your grandsons area. Pick the closest store that does packaging for you and have him drop it off. They will also pick up at your door with a scheduled appointment, but not sure if it isn't packaged. Worth a phone call.

Here is the latest:
Set up a FedEx business acct.
Called FedEx store in WA that will package and ship the grinder so just have to get the grandson to get it there. Their hours are 7 am to 11 pm
Never thought about FedEx tell it was mentioned here. Will post when I get it.

Latest posts

Back