need your opinion on piston and cylinder wall, if i need to replace them

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have a ball hone, and am reluctant to buy one for this one cylinder.

Is there a good technique for using 320 wet or dry?

In my opinion.. no... but.... You'd be better of with a $9 3 shoe brake hone. or polish it up with scotchbrite.

If you are cheap.. Buy or make yourself a 320 grit flap wheel. The aim is to create a 45 degree cross hatch...

HEY.... it's not JUST ONE CYLINDER - it's ONE OF MANY to come:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Hey andy I'm doing the same thing to my 5100s cylinder. I have a TINY scratch in the cylinder. Its in between the exhaust port and the top of the head about 1/4 inch long :bang: . I can feel it gently rubbing over it with a jewelers screw driver, but not my finger nail. Would this be a problem?:bang:

No.. a scratch that isn't though the nikersil/chrome might affect your compression a tad, but think of it like your ring gap... that's one heck of a "groove".

In my opinion.. no... but.... You'd be better of with a $9 3 shoe brake hone. or polish it up with scotchbrite.

If you are cheap.. Buy or make yourself a 320 grit flap wheel. The aim is to create a 45 degree cross hatch...

HEY.... it's not JUST ONE CYLINDER - it's ONE OF MANY to come
:greenchainsaw:

Yeah, I suppose that is right. Flex-Hone BC 178, (48 mm) SiC, 320 grit. Having trouble locating it online thsus far.....

Last edited:
Back