Nelsonville vs The Bunyon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How was the "new" Paul Bunyon show? We had to go to Nelsonville because the boy was doing some forestry judging there. Nelsonville was a mere ghost of past shows and according to fliers they intend for it to be less of an equipment show and more into conservation education etc. Husky had some comptetions going on but no merchandise for sale ( I had wanted some chaps) a couple saws out where few people would walk by them. A local Stihl dealer had a small display and that was it, no other saw Mfgs or even dealers with saws. 3-4 of the band saw folks were set up and thats about it. Show was a big dissapointmant for me.

I went down Friday and there was a ton of vendors. I never went to one at the old location so I can't compare. The infield was full of vendors and there were some on the outside of the track also. There was a bunch of mills, all the wheeled and tracked stuff you'd ever want to buy. Vermeer/Sherrill had a good tent and if you're from Northern Ohio, Lanphear and the Arborwear guys both were doing a good business. Crowd looked OK but was probably better today. I just went for the merchandise so one day was enough for me.
Phil

If plans are ok, I may try to attend it tomorrow. I haven't been to Nelsonville since 98 and 99 when I went for work (RAYCO MFG Demo's). It will be nice as it will only be a 2 hour drive instead of 4 1/2.

Stihl and Husky both had factory demos and carving teams there. Dolmar also had a pretty big display. It may have been a factory display but I'm not a Dolmar guy so I didn't pay much attention. Morbark had a mighty impressive display. They had a $451,000 grinder that they'd run every hour or so. Have a good time.
Phil

My dolmar dealer is there. He is from willard and might be hooking me up with a good price on a Demo saw down there!

Freakingstang said:
My dolmar dealer is there. He is from willard and might be hooking me up with a good price on a Demo saw down there!

Dont count on it Steve, I just got back from there, and the demos were being bought left and right. I think theres an electric saw there, if ya want it!
-Ralph

Just got back from show(sunday).I was very impressed,not that I've been to one before.Lots of vender's.I also watch the lumber jack competion's.I saw Rick H. competeing.He was doing good when I left.They where running those big grinders.What a waste of good fire wood, but it was neat watching those machines eat that wood.Going back next year.Stop at rayco tent to look at there splitter.I wish they would demo it.Timberwolf was demoning there splitters.Great show.It was about a 3 hr drive for us.:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :cheers:

I just got back too. Hey Ralph, got that 7900 home with me. lol. I put my name on one earlier yesterday when my dealer called me.

Seems bigger than Nelsonville from what I can remember. I haven't been to Nelsonville since 98 and 99, though.

Lots of equipment.

Talked to the husky rep about the "new 362 special". It will replace the 365, they are dropping that model so they can keep the 372 in circulation a couple more years.

The 390xp was there too, but looks like the same heavy tank the 385xp is/was. The huksy operator said it was supposed to be a newer 288xp that everyone loved. Anywho, had fun, but didn't see anybody from the site other than one of the Helsel's from a distance.

Latest posts

Back