New bar, ugly stump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWnewguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I cut down a dead birch today that wasn't exactly beautifying my property and I think I created the ugliest stump I have ever done. How I got that off level is beyond me looking at it now. I realized I was off, but not that much. I guess Stevie Wonder could see that thing needed help. It still fell right where I wanted it though.
026birchstump.jpg

And here it is on the ground
DSC_0001.jpg

And here is almost half of it cut up, split, and ready to be put away for next year. This stuff splits real tough with a maul.
bcatleft.jpg

Well, I posted it to get the feedback so let me hear it. I desereve it. For me it seems that the small trees are the hardest to make look good.

Well, I cut down a dead birch today that wasn't exactly beautifying my property and I think I created the ugliest stump I have ever done. How I got that off level is beyond me looking at it now. I realized I was off, but not that much. I guess Stevie Wonder could see that thing needed help. It still fell right where I wanted it though.
026birchstump.jpg

And here it is on the ground
DSC_0001.jpg

And here is almost half of it cut up, split, and ready to be put away for next year. This stuff splits real tough with a maul.
bcatleft.jpg

Well, I posted it to get the feedback so let me hear it. I desereve it. For me it seems that the small trees are the hardest to make look good.

Cut it off level with the ground ! They look like crap left like that.

I actually like the sunbelt green better than the white, helps me to sneak up on the trees better! JD green would be cooler though.

Cut it off level with the ground ! They look like crap left like that.

Oh, believe me I cut it off. I couldn't have any of my friends see that thing, and in my own yard no less.

I would not worry about how it looked then, LOL I cut alot of trees off like that just to getem down and then go back and make it look pretty. I like the color of your bobcat too! Did i just say that? No I dont think its sexy!Reminded me of a kenny chesney song!

Put that stump on the 'net, wow, hey, its all good. I have left some ugly stumps too. But I couldn't post them even if knew how. That Bobcat don't look to bad, is it stolen? Just joking.:cheers:

Yeah, that stump embarassed me after I saw it. I had to cut it short before the wife could even see, and she doesn't know much about wood cutting. I knew it was going to be ugly when I got to the other side and saw how unlevel it was. It still went down straight though. I think the 026 looks good though, that thing is a cutting beast. It makes me want to speed up the muffler mod on the 361. Small trees always seem harder to me to get pretty.

There's plenty of good looking stumps on here. Thought I could show newer people how they shouldn't look. Like in Topgun, "Although the mission was a success we are using this as an example of what not to do"

Everyone and everything can serve as an example:

Some on how to be and others on how not to be.

This stump is the later.

Sam

The ability to laugh at yourself is a great quality to have. Lord knows I do enough of it. There are some on here who could learn it anytime.....:cheers:

On a scale of 1:10, it probably a 3.5. The undercut looked like it was hogged out with an axe and the backcut was too high making hingewood non existent.

It did come down though where you wanted it, but that was most likely due more to it's natural lean, then the felling cuts you made.

Great pics though.

Gypo

Latest posts

Back