New hat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing happened today. I started weed whacking a patch of berries and nettle but I had to quit cause the vibration was killing my hands. (Yesterday I weed whacked for several hours with an out of balance blade). I had my Stihl orange plastic cap with ears muffs and a screen on, Cody was following wearing his Mac-T cap. He took the whacker so we switched hats too. When he finished he took the machine back to the truck and grabbed my regular Bullard hard hat. We were going to switch when he made it back to the work site except we both forgot about it. An hour later when we were close together I noticed the hat situation so we handed each other our hat. Both hats were dripping sweat and the brow bands were soaked. Yuch! The creek smelled worse than our hats so we just put up with it. Double yuch!

My Stihl plastic hat is near the end of its life and I really want my next hat to be vented. I like the looks of the Euro Stihls but I guess they don't meet code here. Anybody use the Rockman? I will use it weed whacking and running the tractor mowing and around the chipper. It won't replace my Bullard because the ear muff part is not back-of-the-truck tuff enuff.

Here is the Euro Stihl
Das neue STIHL Helmset ADVANCE: Sicherheit mit Köpfchen - YouTube

That is the helmet I use, Stihl Advance, and it has to be the most comfy one I've had. I was suprised to see that in that video they did'nt point out the drop down eye shield that is an option. It's a set of eye glasses that fit in to the helmet suspension and just pull down when you want and tuck up out of the way. Buckingham did version in an arborists helmet but it was very flimsey did'nt tuck up very well.

There was plenty of room for red tape in between the graphics it came with.

Just saying...

Latest posts

Back