New hat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to change your avatar. I have the picture of the new hat with the Wildland Critters still in place that you can use. :)

That would be a great avatar for you. I saved a few of the fuzzy-bunny stickers that came off that hat and stuck them on my saw box and milk crate.

The hat you sent me now has some nice red reflective tape on it and from the look the Safety Dork gave me today I think I spoiled all his fun. Darn.

Well. One things for sure, that man sure is secure with him self.

That out does the time daughter put smurf and fairy stickers on my hat and strawberry short cake on the saw. That was a daughter though(not much I wouldn't do), I'm not totally convinced that I would be secure to wear that coming from another adult.

Now the next question do your toes match the head gear accessories?

Owl

Well, well, well, what do we have here? :D

Hmm... maybe time to paint the saw and make it look like a furry little raccoon?

Or glue some real raccoon fur on, that'd make it even more realistic... :D I'm sure slowp would think that's a good idea... it qualifies for her 'furry critter' must-have-cause-she-said-so thing.

I applaud your bravery of putting a silly stickered hat on. :clap: I laughed... not at you, but the hat. I repeat, the hat. :)

Well, well, well, what do we have here? :D

Hmm... maybe time to paint the saw and make it look like a furry little raccoon?

Or glue some real raccoon fur on, that'd make it even more realistic... :D I'm sure slowp would think that's a good idea... it qualifies for her 'furry critter' must-have-cause-she-said-so thing.

I applaud your bravery of putting a silly stickered hat on. :clap: I laughed... not at you, but the hat. I repeat, the hat. :)

whoa that gave me an awesome idea, snag a raccoon tail off a cheapie coonskin hat and attach it to the handle of my 460, it would shake and twicth all over when it's on the ground idling, plus Ted Nugent always wore a raccoon tail during his live shows so that makes it 20 times cooler already :rock::rock:

whoa that gave me an awesome idea, snag a raccoon tail off a cheapie coonskin hat and attach it to the handle of my 460, it would shake and twicth all over when it's on the ground idling, plus Ted Nugent always wore a raccoon tail during his live shows so that makes it 20 times cooler already :rock::rock:
In the early days he also wore a just a loincloth:msp_ohmy:

Ran to the saw shop after work today for odds and ends. Waiting for me was a NOS Mac-T, to replace my ugly old skull bucket (Just repainted the skull bucket, dammit). The owner picked it up at an FS auction. Nice end to a long week- Have a good weekend - Sam

View attachment 187514

View attachment 187516

It has the strap holder things that you can plinkety plinkety on and annoy anybody trying to nap in your crummy. :msp_smile:

I think I got the Cute Wildland Critter stickers at the WalMarche. If you copied that style, I would not be offended.

Best thing about a tin hat is that it TELLS you when it wants replaced. A plastic hat will just crack when it's done.

IDEA: saw an old-school structural fire helmet recently which had a mint 6-point Mac-T suspension in it. I wonder if those old fire helmets are still available anywhere, and if the suspensions are as well?

Just wanted everybody to know that Slowp's tin hat didn't go to the woods in the condition I received it. I just ain't that brave.

Before....as it arrived at my place.

P5260176-1.jpg

After...the way it looks now.

P6180225.jpg

Now I can wear it to work. Safely.

I really prefer the before. The red reflector theme is just too harsh.

Harsh...but compliant. Our little Safety Dork guy just loves reflective tape. Maybe we'll catch him in town some night and wrap him in it. Everywhere. It would probably take a whole roll of it just for his head. Other parts of his body, probably not much at all.

Tell you what...when I retire (and I'm really going to, honest) I 'll send the hat back to you. Minus the reflective tape. Maybe with some little critter stickers, too. Or maybe something else. Something unique and memorable.

Harsh...but compliant. Our little Safety Dork guy just loves reflective tape. Maybe we'll catch him in town some night and wrap him in it. Everywhere. It would probably take a whole roll of it just for his head. Other parts of his body, probably not much at all.

Tell you what...when I retire (and I'm really going to, honest) I 'll send the hat back to you. Minus the reflective tape. Maybe with some little critter stickers, too. Or maybe something else. Something unique and memorable.

Just try to not let any limbs or heavy things dent it....

I think I have thought about how to put the 6 pointer back together.

Just try to not let any limbs or heavy things dent it....

I think I have thought about how to put the 6 pointer back together.

I can't promise that...but I'll try. Does that mean no hat-slingin' riggin fits, either? If I have to walk back up to the truck, take off the tin hat, put on the plastic hat, and then scale the plastic hat out through the brush the whole riggin fit thing loses a lot of spontaneity.

On the 6 point harness...if you get hung up PM mtsamloggit. He found some.

Don't worry about it. I've got my Mac T that has been through some interesting situations, used as a water carrying device to put out smokes, used to wash off my face and hands when spiked out, and even used as...a hat! It has character to it and isn't too dented so it should still be good for The Game Of Logging.:msp_ohmy: If they don't insist on those East Coasty styled orange "caps" with screen so I wouldn't be able to spit out chew if I decided to start using chew...which I won't. But just in case, that screen would be in the way.

Don't worry about it. I've got my Mac T that has been through some interesting situations, used as a water carrying device to put out smokes, used to wash off my face and hands when spiked out, and even used as...a hat! It has character to it and isn't too dented so it should still be good for The Game Of Logging.:msp_ohmy: If they don't insist on those East Coasty styled orange "caps" with screen so I wouldn't be able to spit out chew if I decided to start using chew...which I won't. But just in case, that screen would be in the way.

Do they allow spectators at the GOL course? If so maybe some of us could come and watch. And take pictures.

Try chewing black licorice...the spit looks just the same as snoose.

Latest posts

Back