New Husqvarna hand tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the x27 is a cheap pos compared to a quality maul.
Hahahaha. You mean a quality maul that cost many times what the Fiskars does? You mean a quality maul that you can swing for an hour while I swing the Fiskars all day long and never tire? You mean the "cheap pos" Fiskars X27 that just keeps on splitting cord after cord, never breaks, and makes splitting wood fun? You mean the "cheap pos" Fiskars that costs $48 on Amazon with free shipping, no tax, and lifetime guarantee? You could be on to something......NOT.

Hahahaha. You mean a quality maul that cost many times what the Fiskars does? You mean a quality maul that you can swing for an hour while I swing the Fiskars all day long and never tire? You mean the "cheap pos" Fiskars X27 that just keeps on splitting cord after cord, never breaks, and makes splitting wood fun? You mean the "cheap pos" Fiskars that costs $48 on Amazon with free shipping, no tax, and lifetime guarantee? You could be on to something......NOT.
I broke mine in less than 2 days. You pay tax on Amazon.com now. I'm torn between the stihls PA 80 or the husky maul. The fiskars works on nice straight grain stuff but anything else it's too light. I use a 12 lb maul a lot of times when the fiskars doesn't work.

No denying they work, I still use mine from time to time. But they aren't all that and a bag of chips like everyone makes them out to be either.
Give me the name of this "quality maul" that you speak of that is superior to the X27. I want to compare it. As of right now, I haven't found anything that can compare.

I broke mine in less than 2 days. You pay tax on Amazon.com now. I'm torn between the stihls PA 80 or the husky maul. The fiskars works on nice straight grain stuff but anything else it's too light. I use a 12 lb maul a lot of times when the fiskars doesn't work.
Breaking an X27 in two days? I'm sorry but I have to call BS. And Amazon does not collect sales tax for the state of Idaho. Sorry you live in one of the 21 states that it does collect sales tax in: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512

Breaking an X27 in two days? I'm sorry but I have to call BS. And Amazon does not collect sales tax for the state of Idaho. Sorry you live in one of the 21 states that it does collect sales tax in: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512
I was busting elm and got the wedge and 12 lb maul stuck. The fiskars won't take hitting the steel wedge. It broke the handle. I posted pictures of it last year when I done it. That's good you don't have to pay tax in Idaho with amazon.

Plenty of broken fiskars/gerbers axes out there. They can offer a "life time" warranty because the are made so cheap they give you a new one no questions asked.

Plenty of broken fiskars/gerbers axes out there. They can offer a "life time" warranty because the are made so cheap they give you a new one no questions asked.
No doubt there's been broken Fiskars out there. But compared to the broken wooden handled "quality mauls" that you speak of...what, maybe 50:1 ratio? What was the name of that quality maul again?

I was busting elm and got the wedge and 12 lb maul stuck. The fiskars won't take hitting the steel wedge. It broke the handle. I posted pictures of it last year when I done it. That's good you don't have to pay tax in Idaho with amazon.
Fiskars is a SPLITTING AXE, not a sledge hammer. Use it how it was intended and you will never have problems.

So now the unbreakable splitting axe isn't indestructible ? Plenty of them are out there. Stretch those Cheeto chuckers out and look them up. Hultafors, wetterlings, Gransfors Bruks, Mueller, Helko are just a few.

If I break a handle of a wood hafted axe/maul I can just replace the handle. You can't with the fiskars.

Fiskars is a SPLITTING AXE, not a sledge hammer. Use it how it was intended and you will never have problems.
I wasn't going to noodle into the log with the wedge in there. It broke and I got another one sent to me

So now the unbreakable splitting axe isn't indestructible ? Plenty of them are out there. Stretch those Cheeto chuckers out and look them up. Hultafors, wetterlings, Gransfors Bruks, Mueller, Helko are just a few.

If I break a handle of a wood hafted axe/maul I can just replace the handle. You can't with the fiskars.
Uhh...that's kinda the point isn't it? You break a wooden handle and you can replace it, after you BUY the wooden handle. With the Fiskars, just snap a pic, email it to Fiskars and in the mail comes a brand new axe. Let's see, you paid money to fix your axe and I got a new one for free that splits better than anything I've ever tried. Tough choice I have to admit. Nobody is saying the Fiskars can't be broke. Use them how they were intended to be used and they are unbelievably tough.

I saw a new fiskars at wal/mart the other day different design than the one I bought and tried out. It seemed a little heavier and had a 36 inch handle. The head was nothing but a wedge, so it is most likely better than the one I have. I didn't buy it, have enough splitting tools.

I have 2 Fiskars axes and 2 versions of their splitting mauls. The only one I did not really like was the hatchet - too light for me. Some guys like them for kindling.

Philbert

Well, I stretched those "Cheeto chuckers" out and did some research. The following is off of Amazon:

Fiskars X27............$48........... 1,602 Five star reviews
Hultafors................$176.30.... 0 Five star reviews
Wetterlings............$127.75.... 4 Five star reviews
Gransfors Bruks.....$198.99.... 2 Five star reviews
Mueller (no info on Amazon but cost $155.95 online with 0 reviews)
Helko.....................$106......... 0 Five star reviews

I know a person has to take reviews with a grain of salt because they are written by people of all walks of life. But you can't deny the trend here...price vs. happy customers can't be overstated. And before someone comes on here accusing me of hijacking this thread, my point could be made towards this new Husky splitting axe. The head looks exactly like the Fiskars (made by Fiskars?) and so I would expect it to have the same stellar performance.

Latest posts

Back