New Jonsereds!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I am late to the game but in addition to the 2258 and 2260, it looks like the 550xp will also be in Jonsered colors as the 2253 and another saw the 2252.

I can't read the attached pdf but you can see the models listed. View attachment 242720

Also here: Motorsäge CS 2252 - ab Herbst 2012

Yes, fall 2012 is what it say, as for the 2260/58. :msp_biggrin:

Somehow, the power rating of the 2253 is .2 kW lower than the 550xp, and it is a little heavier (as usual)...

I checked a little around, and other jonsered sites state 2.8 kW for the 2253, same as the 550xp, so 2.6 likely is a misprint? :)

I checked a little around, and other jonsered sites state 2.8 kW for the 2253, same as the 550xp, so 2.6 likely is a misprint? :)

All of these different specs in various languages on the same saw are not anything to which much attention should be paid. Maybe the extra ink that is necessary to print user labels in the different languages affects the weight???????? :dizzy:

But, I think we might see some of these pretty new Jonnys here in the US before the end of the year. :clap:

All of these different specs in various languages on the same saw are not anything to which much attention should be paid. Maybe the extra ink that is necessary to print user labels in the different languages affects the weight???????? :dizzy:

But, I think we might see some of these pretty new Jonnys here in the US before the end of the year. :clap:
Looks like the misprint has been corrected by now anyway! :)

Have you heard something from Tilton that I haven't? Last time I called and inquired I got the "I dont have any idea what your talking about" reply.

Who's your rep out in NY? I see mine so infrequently that I forget his name sometimes.

Have you heard something from Tilton that I haven't? Last time I called and inquired I got the "I dont have any idea what your talking about" reply.

Who's your rep out in NY? I see mine so infrequently that I forget his name sometimes.

Either he is ignorant and doesn't stay informed, or there are so many of the old models in stock that they don't want the word about the new ones out.

I do have a different rep here in NY and we talk frequently. Obviously there is nothing official until they actually have them in stock. That's a policy they have, and it does make sense in a way. Answering 10,000 "any word?" questions is super annoying to anyone. Plus as we've seen, projected dates are seldom met, which just creates more aggravation. So, I kind of respect what they are doing.

I'll PM you my number if you want to give me a call. It looks like we'll see the 2260 before the 2258, and I don't think we have that long to wait. :msp_biggrin:

2253 is another story. I have no info on that, and I'd be surprised if we see it this year.

I do have a different rep here in NY and we talk frequently. Obviously there is nothing official until they actually have them in stock. That's a policy they have, and it does make sense in a way. Answering 10,000 "any word?" questions is super annoying to anyone. Plus as we've seen, projected dates are seldom met, which just creates more aggravation. So, I kind of respect what they are doing.

I'll PM you my number if you want to give me a call. It looks like we'll see the 2260 before the 2258, and I don't think we have that long to wait. :msp_biggrin:

2253 is another story. I have no info on that, and I'd be surprised if we see it this year.

I don't doubt that considering my local orange guy just got his first 550's in last week. I also am left wondering why Husky is even bothering with the red versions when they cant keep up with demand for their own, at least around here.

I don't doubt that considering my local orange guy just got his first 550's in last week. I also am left wondering why Husky is even bothering with the red versions when they cant keep up with demand for their own, at least around here.

How many orange ferarri's do you know of? :p

And the jonny's still have straight top handles. On a felling saw, that makes a big difference to me. Even bucking, I prefer the 90 degree position.

How many orange ferarri's do you know of? :p

And the jonny's still have straight top handles. On a felling saw, that makes a big difference to me. Even bucking, I prefer the 90 degree position.

Imo, the streight across handle is OK for felling, sort of OK for bucking, but not really for limbing - it slows it down.

Imo, the streight across handle is OK for felling, sort of OK for bucking, but not really for limbing - it slows it down.

IMO, the straight handle is the best angle for felling. You have the site line right there, not some little raised marks on the top cover. For bucking it keeps the saw closer to the user. For both felling and bucking the straight handle is superior, IMO. You are correct for limbing though, the broken handle is better for that function. ;)

It's a new saw with very little in inventory. Just like anything new it will take a while to get supply levels up to par. Jonsered and Husky seem to do okay with other shared models and I doubt anything new will disrupt that.

IMO, the straight handle is the best angle for felling. You have the site line right there, not some little raised marks on the top cover. For bucking it keeps the saw closer to the user. For both felling and bucking the straight handle is superior, IMO. You are correct for limbing though, the broken handle is better for that function. ;)

That's the old and pretty lame (imo) excuse for that handle - it is just as easy to use other "sights". :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back