new kenetic log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlen

Me and my wife at Wild Amimal Park San Diego
Reaction score
Hello, haven't posted in a while to humid to be splitting wood
Has anyone seen this log splitter what do you think of it?
I cut and pasted the add from Craig's list San Diego
I am not selling them but if anyone wants to buy one feel free to contact the person.
David

(This is info from the add pasted and an add picture of the splitter)

http://images.craigslist.org/00707_925g2wi81Fb_600x450.jpg

Ok, here's the deal. I have a few new log splitters which should sell at $1500, but we found some small minor defects out of the box so we are selling at only $400. You can easily fix and resell them at $1500. These are flywheel drive, and have a 4 second cycle time! They have a NEW IN BOX 6.5hp gas powered motor. I'm selling the new ones with minor defects at $400. Pickup / inspection welcome in Oceanside. Good chance for someone to make some money, there are a few available. I can discount new perfect working ones to $1250. I have a few assembled you can see in our shop. 760 639 8346

Last edited:
With all the problems Speeco had with their kinetic splitters (China).
I wouldn't tough it with a 10 foot pole.
Where are you going to find replacement parts?

I find it very suspicious that they don't state what the "defect" is. Is the flywheel cracked and gonna grenade? Is the rack stripping teeth? Very suspicious.

For $400 I would be all over that like stink on sh*t. Consider me a gambling man but even if this thing needed some parts, fabrication work etc. if you are handy you should be into a kinetic splitter for less than a cheap hydro.

I would be interested to see how it is Gear Driven vs belt (maybe a chain?)

Also the 4 seconds seems slow, however I would rather have slow than fast like the speeco.

Think of it as a partially complete build your own kinetic splitter kit.

Think they ship?

I do not know anything about it you could call the number and ask what the defects are hopefully they are not safety related the vendor or manufacturer would be responsible for damages wouldn't they? I just posted it for people who might be interested, I know some members live in San Diego or near by, David

For $400 I would be all over that like stink on sh*t. Consider me a gambling man but even if this thing needed some parts, fabrication work etc. if you are handy you should be into a kinetic splitter for less than a cheap hydro.

I would be interested to see how it is Gear Driven vs belt (maybe a chain?)

Also the 4 seconds seems slow, however I would rather have slow than fast like the speeco.

Think of it as a partially complete build your own kinetic splitter kit.

Think they ship?

im thinking the "gear driven" is just the rack and pinion.
the gaurd over the flywheel/engine output is the shape of a belt drive setup, a gear drive setup would be too expensive and have to be too accurate for the chineese to even consider making...

I'm thinking the SuperSplit folks aren't too worried.

It does look nice and that's a good tip for any gamblers on the west coast.

I'm so buried in projects right now that I didn't even call about a local SS listed for $700 on CL. Soooo tempting, but no time.

I'm thinking the SuperSplit folks aren't too worried.

It does look nice and that's a good tip for any gamblers on the west coast.

I'm so buried in projects right now that I didn't even call about a local SS listed for $700 on CL. Soooo tempting, but no time.

was that the old rusty one thats on CL? think it needed a new pinion and some other stuff? if so i saw that one too:msp_thumbsup:

was that the old rusty one thats on CL? think it needed a new pinion and some other stuff? if so i saw that one too:msp_thumbsup:

Yeah it did need some work. I'm thinking we're in the same search radius. Just stay away from any 372xp's, dibs !! :msp_biggrin:

Some nice features on that machine. The wedge however is going to be a problem. Add in those funky log cradles and lack of a table and a person might as well spend their money on an $1100 DHT or speeco unit.

The market for kinetic splitters is growing. It won't be long before there are cheap imports ones that work. It is just too simple a concept, someone will get the chicom parts problem ironed out and then you'll find them in the $1500 range and lower because the raw parts don't justify charging more.

Mr. HE:cool:

I have never even heard of these wood splitters before seems like a cheaper alternative to the hydraulic might be good!!

I actually kind of like that. I'd likely add a damper for the intense return stroke, but I could see myself using one of those.

Looks like it slipped a gear at 57 seconds, I tried playing it back and forth to see if they switched the splitter for another one in between shots, but it looks like they just reset it and it was the same splitter for the rest of the video, the guy standing in the background didn't move much between the takes.

That machine doesn't impress me much, ill stick to my hydraulics.

I like how it jumps a foot every time he hits the lever. The operator seems cautious and for good reason.

I stumbled upon a couple Chinese knock off kinetic splitters on Craigslist and Ebay tonight while searching for log splitters. I wonder how long it will be till they get them working right?

The first one is listed on Chicago Industries' website. They've been importing Chinese generators for a while now and they sell hydraulic splitters. Here's their website blurb:

Worlds Fastest Log Splitter! 2014 Speed Splitter - $1900

worlds-fastest-log-splitter.jpg

Place of Origin
Model Number
Application Worlds Fastest Log Splitter
Rated Voltage
Maximum Current
Certification
Detailed Product Description

C**NOT THE TYPICAL LOG SPLITTER***
Up for sale is this New in box! Chicago Industries Flywheel type(NON Hydraulic) wood splitter has; Superior gear and pinion design, No more Hydraulic oil needed! 6.5hp ohv KOHLER engine ,easy pull start. 5" hydraulic ram Horizontal operation ,Includes Log Tray (table) Splits upto 26" logs !!! 7" heavy steel frame 3 Second Cycle time!!! Heavy Duty Wedge 2"ball coupling 12" tires, 12month parts warranty! can deliver!
Please Call for more info:

They're showing up on Craigslist and Ebay.

Latest posts

Back