New Mid-Size saw???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihlgreenman

stihlgreenman

ArboristSite Member
Im looking for a top of the line mid size saw WITH A 18INCH BAR in the 50cc to 60cc no more than 12 pounds. Im looking at the Stihl MS261, Echo CS-450P, or Husqvarna 346/550 XP.... Post away thanks!!!:chainsaw:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Im looking for a top of the line mid size saw WITH A 18INCH BAR in the 50cc to 60cc no more than 12 pounds. Im looking at the Stihl MS261, Echo CS-450P, or Husqvarna 346/550 XP.... Post away thanks!!!:chainsaw:

You can forget the Echo and the Stihl for different reasons. The Echo is seriously lacking power, and the Stihl is just too clumsy and heavy for a 50cc saw.

The real question is 346xp or 550xp - and that is a difficult one. :msp_biggrin:

4x4American

4x4American

Got Sawdust?
mid size is 70cc range in my eyes, but anyways, might want to check out a dolmar ps5105. Never run one but have heard good things. I have a 346xp and it's a good little saw. light as a feather and that bastard screams I tell ya

H 2 H

H 2 H

FLASHER
Best thing is to use each saw before you decide on a saw

Don't believe what people write here because alot of them haven't used other saw's and just talk about what saw's they own :msp_smile:

In the 50 cc class I've use 8 different models (4 different brands) and I have the MS 261 you mentioned above

DSC_7471.jpg

:msp_ohmy:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

Don't believe what people write here because alot of them haven't used other saw's and just talk about what saw's they own :msp_smile:

In the 50 cc class I've use 8 different models (4 different brands) and I have the MS 261 you mentioned above

DSC_7471.jpg

If you want a large and clumcy handling 50cc saw, you picked the right one. :rolleyes2:

nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor

DSC_7471.jpg

I have owned and run 9 50cc saws, including the 261. Most of them work well enough, but it is hard to argue against the lighter, snappier 346.

BTW, I sold my 261 today (and I still own 346's).

Latest posts