New Mid-Size saw???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's from a Husky chain saw but I'm not really sure thu I just read it saw it here on AS :taped:

JMO

Wow, a Husky? Way to cheap out! Gotta check my 3 huskys ipl's to make sure my clamshells have a metal pan at least!

This looks like a plastic case to me...I may be wrong...

5dd5947c2e76668df41b3e54ad0646ec.jpg

This looks like a plastic case to me...I may be wrong...

5dd5947c2e76668df41b3e54ad0646ec.jpg

Husqvarna clam shell saws have metal bearing cages. Unlike a stihl 290/310/390 and others. I know this because I own a 41, 340, 350, 141. I actually ported my 350 yesterday and love the results.

With 18in bar & .325 chain the wts. are follows:
MS261 14lbs.
346XP 13lbs 12oz. (13 3/4 lbs)
550XP 13lbs 8oz. (13 1/2 lbs)

Dry wt. on the MS261 without bar & chain is exactly 12lbs.

Hope this is helpful.

You weights aren't quite right. There is a 10oz difference bw the 346 and 261. Perhaps it's in the different bars. You would be surprised how much bars vary in weight, and the reason weights are taken PHO.

saw wts.

I took my 261 to a Husky dealer & put all three on the same scale, & I get your point. The 261 & one of the Huskies (I don't remember which one) had a laminated bar while the other Husky wore a solid bar. The only one I weighed without bar & chain, but with the bumper spike in place, was the 261, & it was exactly 12lbs. Thanks for pointing this out. I made my post after reading only page 1. Going further, I see the OP has already made his choice.
You weights aren't quite right. There is a 10oz difference bw the 346 and 261. Perhaps it's in the different bars. You would be surprised how much bars vary in weight, and the reason weights are taken PHO.

Ya'll can pick on the husky 350 all you want. I would rather have one than some of the other 'low cost' options. I don't own one, but have some real trigger time on one. They're OK.

Ya'll can pick on the husky 350 all you want. I would rather have one than some of the other 'low cost' options. I don't own one, but have some real trigger time on one. They're OK.

I've only seen pictures of them and held one in a saw shop and read the spec sheet about them :taped:

JMO

The 350 was most likely the best cheap homeowner saw ever made.. Just sayin. :msp_smile:

Not only are you getting old, but so is your JMO. JMO.

How can that statement be getting old I just started using it a two days ago (JMO)

For anyone that don't know "JMO" stands for Just My Opinion

Isn't that what this message board is for ?

:bang:

Latest posts

Back