new prject saw Echo 60S brought back to life ;o)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I recently acquired an old Echo 60S mom-runner on ebay from a chap down south, who even dropped it off at my door when he was on holiday in the area last week, which saves on postage, which is a good thing ;o) to cut a long story short its a genuine one owner saw which the chaps father used to manage 30 acres of garden I think he said. and he remembers his dad using it. looking at the lack of ware on the rive sprocket and over all condition of the saw it hadn't done a lot of work at all. the only problems I found with the saw were liquefies fuel and oil line hoses. the fuel line was easy to do, and I cleaned the carb and treat her to a new carb-kit . I couldn't find an oil-line in the u.k and I certainly wasn't going to pay the "extortionate" carriage some sellers on ebay charge from the usa, so I made one up at a fraction of the price. unfortunately I had to cut the original brass fitting off which I presume pushed into a rubber grommet which had long since rotted away?

for the new line I used the grommet end off an old Stihl 041 fuel line I had laying around, and threaded a length of nitrile hose through it to slide over the brass pipe. I then made a new oil filter fro the other end by pulling the cotton out of a weed eater filter and cutting/rolling some fine stainless gauze and slipping it into the filter housing, where the cotton originally was and then silicone the end up. and it turned out very well. I'm very happy with the finished result and cannot wait to take it down to Preston to do some firewood cutting with my tree surgeon buddy ed. its definitely a keeper ;o)

S1051903.JPG S1051898.JPG S1051897.JPG S1051895.JPG S1051896.JPG S1051907.JPG S1051913.JPG

Back