New project, any Ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isna

Logging and sharing it (teaching)
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I grabbed a few parts saws yesterday (a repair shop that was closing down). Amongst them: 2 Iseki saws, 1 echo pruning saw (fell off the tree), 1 ms 170 (in parts, cleaned after a flood), 1 ms 190 (also been through the flood, dirty and incomplete), and 1 ms 180 (clean and running but has been straight-gased). I know they are crap (I have been working with stihl pro saws for 15 years but just discovered how crappy home-owner saws are). Nevertheless, I will rebuild the ms 180. First of all, I will remove the tool-less chain adjuster (hate those!). I will probably use the one from the MS 170. As for the P&C, I can get cheap aftermarket parts in Gremany.I wonder If I could adapt a bigger P&C. The P&C from the MS 190 looks pretty good... I have already fitted a 460 BB P&C on a 044 and seak a similar project. I have a dremel and a few skills but would like to find a P&C with the same stroke and similar crankshaft. I will also modify the muffler and have a try at porting. Any ideas?
Ps: I guess there is no way to adjust squish on these type of saws...

Also grabbed a husky 36 but haven't checked it out yet (no starter rope, probably seized)... Any Jred equivalent to the 36 (I already have a few Jred part saws)?

Latest posts

Back