New Saw! New Saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sting

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
FINALLY!

Got myself a new saw today... Husqvarna 365. :D

Got it late in the day, so I won't get a chance to try it out until tomorrow. :( I can finally get some cutting done... I'm really pumped about it... tomorrow can't come too soon!

As this is my first new saw, do you gents have any advice so I can keep this saw running for a long time?

In talking to the dealer I bought it from, I asked about somethings I heard around here, such as oil mix and type of gas. He said to run it at 50:1, as per instructions and to use High octane gas that is NOT mixed with Ethanol, as I had heard here.

Any other good suggestions?

Thanks for all your help!

yep . follow the dealers instuctions ,
and be careful. thats rite much saw.
also have a lot o fun learning u new saw.:)

new 365

Fine choice the 365 is. Just run good pre-mix gas, maybe Full Comp chain and you should fall in love after first cut! Be safe and have fun out there.

Matt

Love at first cut...

Ranger... oh yes... love at first cut... I was so amazed! My first job was finishing off an oak that had snapped off last year. There was still the bottom 10-12 feet or so... had to make two wedge cuts to bring the sucker down... that Husky cut through it like BUTTER!

That saw has totally exceeded my expectations.

I got three small trees to fell before the leaves come out, a fallen one to cut up and a dead one to fell too. Plenty of work ahead... :)

Can't hardly wait... shhh... I think my saw is calling me... must answer the call... bye for now...

Glad to here you are happy with the 365! You should be happy with it for a long time. Have had mine for six years and still runs strong, been using it full-time for about six months now. Good for weekend warriors or the pros.

Matt

2nd Day of Work... bar length

Tony - the saw came with an 18" bar.

Well, after owning the saw two days, I've run through about 1.5 tankfuls of gas, and even after that, I've noticed the saw picking up a bit. Did some more cutting today... some in the morning, some smaller stuff about 8-12" in diameter. Late in the afternoon cut down a small Maple, limbed it and cut it up.

I have two more like it to cut up this week before the leaves come out (they were all close to the house and starting to lean over it... I figure they're easier to handle now at that size, rather than letting them grow up some more), and about a 13-15" dead tree (still standing, dry as a bone) to cut down too. Judging from current fuel consumption, I'll probably empty my gallon jug of fuel by the time I've finished these tasks. This first tank of fuel was only 91 Octane... will be refilling the can with 93 next time.

I just love that saw... :)

Back