new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
got a new husky 455 this week and finally got to run it today, I know most of you guys like to bash on this saw but it seemed like the best saw in my price range $350, I was impressed with the power it had for the price I paid, was wondering though, some people say to mix a little heavy at first and the dealer told me 50:1, will it hurt running 40:1 during the break in??
Ryan

treehead said:
got a new husky 455 this week and finally got to run it today, I know most of you guys like to bash on this saw but it seemed like the best saw in my price range $350, I was impressed with the power it had for the price I paid, was wondering though, some people say to mix a little heavy at first and the dealer told me 50:1, will it hurt running 40:1 during the break in??
Ryan

Awww nobody has been bashing the 455. There is one cat on here who likes to compare his 455 with saws way above it and the guys get on him. You don't need to mix 40-1 during break in. 50-1 is fine. I sell Stihl and I never say run it any less or more than 50-1 and I've yet to see a problem later on over mix issues.

Everyone likes to disagree on mix ratios. I run all mine at 40:1 all the time. It is up to you. My 365's were run at 50:1 for the first year in existance at place I used to work. That was 7 years ago, they still run great today.

thanks, any special oil that is better, or just husky oil? and I promise no comparing the 455 to a big boy saw from me, just like to think of it as the saw that works for my application, without breaking the bank

treehead said:
thanks, any special oil that is better, or just husky oil? and I promise no comparing the 455 to a big boy saw from me, just like to think of it as the saw that works for my application, without breaking the bank

Nothing wrong with your saw at all. Some folks just like to go alittle overboard in camparing saws. Bar oil is bar oil in my opinion, some more tacky than others but still just bar oil. Engine oil now stay with your saw brand and be on the safe side.....

I agree with fstang....i too run 40:1 in my saws....better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back