New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
359?

I've used a 359 before, for felling and bucking. Seemed to have a pretty good power to weight ratio, and seemed like a nice 50cc class saw.

A lighter, handier and (maybe) equally powered saw would be a Husky 353.

If you want some more zip for your buck, a Husky 359 would be a good saw to have.

Both bracket the 55 Rancher, and are pro-grade saws (or damn close to it). I would say for 10-15 cords a 359 would a little better and handle the 25" logs that are in the upper end of your cutting.

go get it.

have them pull the muffler so you can look at the cylinder and piston.If itis not scarred up. Buy it.. for another 200 later you can turn that 64 cc saw into a 79 cc

Husky 350 instead of a 455 Rancher.

I'd probably go with the 350 instead of the 455. I"d give serious consideration to a Dolmar 5100s. They're about $400 with an 18" bar. For me, I came to the conclusion that for $400 and under, the 5100S was the best one out there. The Husky 350 is about $325...I'd spend the extra $75 and get the Dolmar. If it has to be a Husky then get a 353 over the 350.
I'm really happy with the 5100S.
Someone here said they got a 455 for around $250 with a bar and chain. I'd probably get it for that price. I didn't realize they were that inexpensive.
Take care,
Mitch

Looking at a new Husky 455 Rancher what do you guys think?

I cut mostly blowdowns and pulpe of all sizer up to ablot 25 inches in diameter

Haven't read the tread, but please avoid that one........:bang: :bang: :bang:

...it probably is the worst saw Husky ever offered, regarding power to weight - and it just feels wrong when you pick it up......

RedMax (Husqvarna acquisition) G621AVS will handle a 24" bar $419.95 @ http://www.amickssuperstore.com/ one of our sponsors.

Efco makes a couple of saws of the size you are looking at, as does Echo.

Sniff around and ask for opinions. The SawTroll, Lakeside (attaboys), and a few others that will jump out after being here a short while are definitely worth weighing in your final decision.

NEK...if you're close to Craftsbury,look up George Allen.He does business as
A & L chainsaws.He's a Dolmar dealer.I bought my 120si from him and he services what he sells.

Might as well pack it up and send it to me then.:D
Seriously though Andy, why do you say that.

The price goes around $480 with a 16" bar, the 350 sells for $325 with an 18", and I know it will pull it. The antivib on the 260 is old and tired, the filtration is old, and it just doesn't have the guts to run like the new saws!! Save $70 and buy a 5100, save more and get a 350/353. Either way you will be happier IMO!
Andy

And yes, I used to run an 026, now I have a 350, same with my dad, we will take the 350 any day!
Andy

The price goes around $480 with a 16" bar, the 350 sells for $325 with an 18", and I know it will pull it. The antivib on the 260 is old and tired, the filtration is old, and it just doesn't have the guts to run like the new saws!! Save $70 and buy a 5100, save more and get a 350/353. Either way you will be happier IMO!
Andy
What goes for $480? A 270? My 270 was $349, 280 is $399.
What does the "old and tired" 260 have to do with the 270 in your garage.
I don't understand what you mean.

What goes for $480? A 270? My 270 was $349, 280 is $399.
What does the "old and tired" 260 have to do with the 270 in your garage.
I don't understand what you mean.

Sorry, $480 is the price on the 260 pro, we missunderstood each other there!!

The 270 belongs to my partner in crime, he left it here fo me to run a while and see what I thought. I've run it a few times, I like the power/weight of the 350 much better!!! Not a saw I would buy!! But I feel the same about the 455 so.............
Andy

i'm a strict husky man but..........

my step brother just bought a 270 and i tried it in october when i was in michigan.nice saw i thought.seemed a little cold natured but once it was going i liked it.i still say the only stihl i'd buy is an 036 pro.

Latest posts

Back