New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Features & Specifications

McCulloch's new gasoline-powered chain saw runs on a powerful 40cc two-cycle engine with an easy-start, spring assisted rewind. The anti-vibration handle system and tool-less chain tensioning make tough work much easier. A carrying case and helmet system are also available.

Product Details:
Powerful 40cc 2-cycle engine
18" reduced kickback sprocket nose guide bar
Anti-vibration system
Automatic oiler
Tool-less chain tensioning
Chrome plated cylinder for longer life
Two-cycle engine oil included
Primer bulb for easy starting
Fully assembled

Spike you better order some fast!!!!! :) :)

HELLO, THIS IS OLD NEWS; this is a chainsaw from the period when JENN FENG GROUP / Jenn Feng Industrial Co.Ltd in Taiwan was the owner of McCulloch.

McCulloch from Husqvarna Group.....

Here is some Chainsaws from McCulloch after Husqvarna Group became the owner......
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here in the US the McCulloch brand name belongs to MTD. I think that ugly saw is related to the Troy Bilt junk.

Let's think on this for a minute: That saw didn't just appear out of thin air. There actually had to be a few people sitting around a table creating this thing. That silly looking saw is the decision they arrived at.

"Hey, let's paint it orange and yellow so it really stands out."

"Yeah, and we can put this really cool "exploding XM" graphic on the bar"

"But what does "XM" stand for?"

"I don't know, how about "Extra Macho".

"Awesome Dude!"

Here in the US the McCulloch brand name belongs to MTD. I think that ugly saw is related to the Troy Bilt junk.

Let's think on this for a minute: That saw didn't just appear out of thin air. There actually had to be a few people sitting around a table creating this thing. That silly looking saw is the decision they arrived at.

"Has everybody had enough crack? OK, cool, let's do this saw design now. Anybody have any beautiful ideas..?

"Awesome Dude!"

There's only one explanation.

Here in the US the McCulloch brand name belongs to MTD. I think that ugly saw is related to the Troy Bilt junk......

McCulloch brand name belongs to Husqvarna Group even in US.....
Brands that belong to MTD in 2007 is; Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Commercial, Troy-Bilt, Yard-Man, White Outdoor, Yard Machines, Garden Way, and Bolens,,,,,, not McCulloch.......
attachment.php

Last edited:
In that case, SHAME on Husky:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

However:

In the USA: - extract from http://www.mccullochpower.com/ebpage.asp?page=history

In October 1999, McCulloch's North American operation was purchased by Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd, a Taiwan based manufacturer. A new headquarters/distribution facility, located in Tucson, was also acquired and the company moved in November 1999.

Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd., founded in 1975, started doing business as an auto lighting manufacturer and expanded into the power tool and outdoor lighting categories in the mid 1980s. As an ISO 9002 certified manufacturer, Jenn Feng builds OEM for major manufacturers of premium branded power tools all over the world, earning them a reputation as a quality manufacturer. In January, 2000, Jenn Feng acquired a gas engine manufacturing company, providing McCulloch with the opportunity to build gasoline powered equipment with the same quality McCulloch customers have come to know and trust.

Last edited:
In that case, SHAME on Husky:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

However:

In the USA: - extract from http://www.mccullochpower.com/ebpage.asp?page=history

In October 1999, McCulloch's North American operation was purchased by Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd, a Taiwan based manufacturer. A new headquarters/distribution facility, located in Tucson, was also acquired and the company moved in November 1999.

Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd., founded in 1975, started doing business as an auto lighting manufacturer and expanded into the power tool and outdoor lighting categories in the mid 1980s. As an ISO 9002 certified manufacturer, Jenn Feng builds OEM for major manufacturers of premium branded power tools all over the world, earning them a reputation as a quality manufacturer. In January, 2000, Jenn Feng acquired a gas engine manufacturing company, providing McCulloch with the opportunity to build gasoline powered equipment with the same quality McCulloch customers have come to know and trust.

HELLO, THIS IS OLD NEWS; this is a chainsaw from the period when JENN FENG GROUP / Jenn Feng Industrial Co.Ltd in Taiwan was the owner of McCulloch.

There was some strange chainsaws whit McCulloch name that where build under the Jenn Feng period.....

"Awesome Dude!"

I think what a lot of you guys are missing is I'd imagine this saw is not really aimed at the serious user ... its target market would be the occasional user who decides he or she wants a saw. They go into into their local saw shop and before them is one plain old run-of-the-mill green coloured saw for $150 and one suped up drag-saw with flames on the bar for $150. Guess which one they take?

Last edited:
If you guys keep posting pics of these showboat saws, Oldsaw's eyes are going to get hurt bigtime.... Have some pity on da man, will ya !!! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like a bunch of Poulans to me. Wouldn't that be a Husky.

There was some strange chainsaws whit McCulloch name that where build under the Jenn Feng period.....

So... tell me why the McCulloch history page ( 2005) from the McCulloch site doesn't mention that Husky owns them now? seem a bit odd... maybe they are embarrassed? :) or maybe Husky is embarrassed? :) :popcorn:

Last edited:
So... tell me why the McCulloch history page ( 2005) from the McCulloch site doesn't mention that Husky owns them now? seem a bit odd... maybe they are embarrassed? :) or maybe Husky is embarrassed? :) :popcorn:

Somebody needs to be embarassed

You are reading the old McCulloch, JENN FENG GROUP / Jenn Feng Industrial Co.,Ltd site....

Here is a Link to McCulloch today....

"With over 60 years of experience in the design and manufacture of outdoor power tools, McCulloch has established an unrivalled, worldwide reputation for design, reliability and value in petrol outdoor products.

Founded in 1946, McCulloch rapidly developed a reputation for being at the forefront of 2-stroke petrol engine design, growing into one of the world’s leading ranges of chainsaws, trimmers, brushcutters and hedge trimmers.

McCulloch is a brand within the Husqvarna Group."

You are reading the old McCulloch, JENN FENG GROUP / Jenn Feng Industrial Co.,Ltd site....

Here is a Link to McCulloch today....

"With over 60 years of experience in the design and manufacture of outdoor power tools, McCulloch has established an unrivalled, worldwide reputation for design, reliability and value in petrol outdoor products.

Founded in 1946, McCulloch rapidly developed a reputation for being at the forefront of 2-stroke petrol engine design, growing into one of the world’s leading ranges of chainsaws, trimmers, brushcutters and hedge trimmers.

McCulloch is a brand within the Husqvarna Group."

We had already mentioned that they were part of Husky, why all the digging up of info.

Latest posts

Back