New sticker on gas pump,.... CRAP!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bout 50 miles south of Jeff. I work on Ft. Wood bout 2 miles from the
air port, never have got around to asking them about fuel.

I used to live down there, a few miles outside of Crocker. Family still has some land and a couple of cabins on the Gasconade between Crocker/Waynesville. I try and get down there as often as I can to hang out on the river.

Check all the stations. Around here here, the "discount" if you can call any gas station a discount, all have the corn, but the better (shell, mobil, and high grade Sunoco) don't, at least for the mid-grade and premiums.
One thing to remember is that corn absorbs water, so only mix up the amount you plan on using within a month. Put the rest in the tractor, splitter or truck. I only mix about 2 gallons at a time and still end up putting some in the ol Bronco.

I used to live down there, a few miles outside of Crocker. Family still has some land and a couple of cabins on the Gasconade between Crocker/Waynesville. I try and get down there as often as I can to hang out on the river.

I live 5 miles or so north of Crocker. Years ago I run the Gasconade
river a lot , Still have a jet boat. Are you'r cabins north or south of
Waynesville river?

So far, in our neck of the woods, all counties along the lake have reformulated(oxygenated) fuel, and on top of that,
15%ethanol on some
10%etanol on most all the others, EXCEPT BP
5% on 89

0% on premium so far,

In the sticks, BP is alone with signs of " We have the good stuff", or " Pure gas sold here" .

We'll get the good stuff for as long as its available,

We're about 5-6 river miles downstream of the hwy 17 bridge. Not really sure where that is in relation the the Waynesville river.

We had the Corn fuels hit us in Northern Illinois about 8 years ago. Been an issue ever since. It's one of the many reasons that we handle Opti-2 oil as it is ethanol safe oil.

Keep your fuel fresh fresh. We stress that 30 days is the MAXIMUM storage period for any fuel. We also recomend running a fuel stabilizer such as Sea-Foam, Optimizer or Lucas fuel additive. Helps lubricate valves and protect 4-strokes. In 2-smoke engines we recomend an oil that contains fuel stabilizer. We also recomend a minimum of 89 octane in all power equipment.

ethanol in gasoline

I haul fuel for a living,hence the name Tanker.It boils down to price,when gas is high and ethanol cheap,you get a 90/10 blend.when ethanol is higher you will be getting conventional gas.The only way to get a higher blend is to get e-85 ,this consists of 15%gas and85% ethanol and can only be ran in flex fuel vehicles. My guess is that most of you have been using ethanol for years and did'nt know the diference.Irun it in everything but saws,Premium 93 conventional for them religiously

We're about 5-6 river miles downstream of the hwy 17 bridge. Not really sure where that is in relation the the Waynesville river.

Had a brain fart........Waynesville bridge or Crocker bridge, depends
on which side you live on :dizzy: It's been four years or better that
I have been below the old bridge, friends of mine own cabins at
the old bridge.

Had a brain fart........Waynesville bridge or Crocker bridge, depends
on which side you live on :dizzy: It's been four years or better that
I have been below the old bridge, friends of mine own cabins at
the old bridge.

I pretty much just stay within a few miles of the bridge, right at the Roubiboux(sp?) creek, down to my grandparents place, which is about a half days float. Of course that time depends on how much drinkin and fishin I'm doing. By road we're closer to Crocker, down DD.

Going back down there to fish and cut wood is about my favorite weekend, I love being back down there. Got a couple stacks of logs waiting on me now, but it looks like they'll have to wait until after the holidays.

I live 5 miles or so north of Crocker. Years ago I run the Gasconade
river a lot , Still have a jet boat. Are you'r cabins north or south of
Waynesville river?

Holey crap I live in Iberia! If you ever need a hand just give a holler.
Chris

your saw will work fine on 10%... You might need to adjust it a tad richer. Just don't store your gas over over 60 days.

Yes, what he said. Use stabilizer for your 4 stroke engines. This stuff goes south in a hurry.

Use Stihl ultra or a decent synthetic and they won't separate. If you get separation you have a big problem with moisture, so put the cap on your fuel tank while it's in the back of the pickup!

Lake, when you get tired of octanes, semi-synthetic, synthetic, leaded, unleaded, ethanol, mixing, Stihl ultra, Mobile 1, 1:32, 1:40, 1:50 bla bla bla...

, you can always buy acrylate and start cutting wood instead ;)

Lake, when you get tired of octanes, semi-synthetic, synthetic, leaded, unleaded, ethanol, mixing, Stihl ultra, Mobile 1, 1:32, 1:40, 1:50 bla bla bla...

, you can always buy acrylate and start cutting wood instead ;)

I use Stihl Ultra in my 290. Seems to keep the filter clean way past the face cut. Hell according to the bottle it cleans the engine, the fuel filter, and even waxes the saw after I'm done,LOL

(it also sends all the exhaust fumes to Sweden)

Last edited:
Heck we can just buy AV-gas for 1/3 of what you pay from that sissy canned stuff, but we don't need to. Maybe a few dumb homeowners would benefit though. For the rest, 50:1 pump gas works fine.

They need to give you a dozen starter bolts with the saw when new...Looks like its going to shake apart.....

Naaaaaaaaaa its got that super dooper vib system ya hear about all the time. Its sitting there writing a new song titled "I GOT THE SHAKES",LOL

Back