New Stihl MS362RCM for me tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wooh, you made my heart skip a few beats!!!! Yea I noticed that, even thought I mentioned it to you in the past. When I modded the muff, the 044 was much cleaner than the 362 (an over 20 yr old saw compared to a few month old saw). I thought you said it may be related to M Tronic.
Mike Ive had new saws coat the piston like that after only a few runs. Guess what oil?? Amsoil!! U can add alil stihl synthetic and keep it cleaner but Ive switched to H1r since and Im sure Randy will tell u my piston was clean also

Im not sure Mike but Amsoil is excellent for protection but it soots things up. Do yourself a favor and use H1r. It will leave a nice oily clean film. Goggle oil test on the rc 2 stroke and a fellow did a test with all the oils. Amsoil soots up quickly. H1r cleanest burn

I know the feeling!! Worth the wait!!
I dont know how Randy keeps up with the porting, phone calls, packing and unpacking, gathering wood , testing, helping us on these sites??? Maybe the dyno will help out having to gather as much wood. I commend him on all his work and efforts and still being a stand up fellow??!!! Id lose it and curse somebody if I tried juggling all that

.....Where do you get the Belray?

eBay.. :)

.....What does Dex use, and how many tanks through it?

Had almost 6 tanks through it. Ran BelRay and Stihl Ultra. I have 2 cans of mix. Both are 36:1. :) If I had to guess? Probably slightly more Stihl HP.

I used to run a LOT of Castor 927. I ran out a couple months ago and I have quite a bit of other oil now. About a dozen bottles (the 2.5 gallon bottles) of Stihl, a Quart of BelRay, and a quart of Amsoil Dominator.

Mike give H1R or Motul 800t a try. Both are 100% ester and burn clean. Yamaha ring free additive will keep a motor sparkly but its uneccessary when using the Belray and Motul

Lower octane will give a more complete burn of the fuel in these short 2 stroke motors with advanced timing? Uh oh here we go with the octane!!!!!! Lol

Latest posts

Back