New Stihl MS362RCM for me tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, but if we both ran the Stihl, I don't think that is the answer.

When did you get your saw? Did you run it in the winter? Did you leave it on Start for a bit to warm it up?

If half was Stihl? Then that would make a difference. The other half was Belray.

I got it around the end of April. Never leave it in "Start". Just to start it. Once it starts. It normally will idle for an eternity.

Also, I use 87 octane. :)

I had a fellow here who helped me with oil when I first started here on AS. He ask me to hold his name and Ill honor his request. He told me to use amsoil and half stihl because the stihl would help clean better than the amsoil alone.I see no point in using the mix now as its easier using h1r with excellent results

I think the difference between my saw and Dex is that my saw was run in the winter. When you start it in cold weather, you have to leave it on Start for a bit, or it will stall when you pull the trigger. Perhaps I overdid it a few times (like having too much choke). That would also explain why my 044 and 362 muffs look so different.

So since this is an oil thread...

One of those 379 ml bottles of h1r in 3.2 gallons of gas would yield a 32:1 ratio?

...not cheap stuff.

So since this is an oil thread...

One of those 379 ml bottles of h1r in 3.2 gallons of gas would yield a 32:1 ratio?

...not cheap stuff.

Saws ain't cheap either Mike. I think good oil, and plenty of it is cheap by comparison.

I played the oil and fuel game when I first got into saws seriously. I'm done with that crap........I've found the oil, and the gas, that I'm gonna use.

What caused the buildup Randy?

I'm thinking it was space aliens. :confused:

No, but the guy next door does if I need one.

I'd blow the dust out of the units after every few hours of service.......that will cut down on accumulated crud over a period of years. It's amazing how fast it builds up......

Latest posts

Back